Checked your air filter lately?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted up a similar photo a couple of years ago. A subsequent photo showed the mine field of mouse traps I placed around the garage specifically near the bike. I run the traps regularly, even in the summer (I'm out in the country) and haven't had any more nests. I'm getting quite a body count though-- 10 or 12 /year. Since it was -9 degrees last night, I imagine they will try to move in again.
Gotta go... run traps.

B)

EDIT: make that 13.
Traps are much more fun and I love confirmation of kills! :evil: But the bait is so much easier to use. And once the bait stops getting hit, then I know they are all dead.

A little off topic, but I also have a major mole problem at my country home. They finally developed an effective mole poison (Talpirid) that is essentially poisoned gummy worms. It works, but there's no kill confirmation. So I still end up using the old claw traps so that I can gloat over a dead body. :devil:

mole_killer.jpg
Our moles are so big we have to use leg traps.

B)

You need a cat. Plenty of vermin in my rural yard including mice, moles, and voles. I am not a cat person, but we keep one in the basement garage. He likes to sit on one of the bikes and hunt the little critters. Cheap, safe, and effective. The only down side is that I find the occasional partial critter laying around.
I've heard that a good cat is great for mice and moles. The only problem is other critters around here hunt cats. I had a stray around for a while, but I suspect the coyotes got it. Cats are candy for coyotes!

I killed another mole this past weekend and I don't have to feed my traps. :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me last spring when I swapped air filters. Thing was full of fricken' birdseed that mice had gotten in to in our garage. Mice were long dead (thankfully not in the filter)...birdseed stash remained. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: