Chuy Medina Rides to Barranca del Cobre mis FJR Forum Amigos!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Chuy, aka "El Burrito Ballerina" (Beemerdons) rides to Barranca del Cobre mis FJR Forum Amigos; Octubre 5-10! [email protected]

Chuy Medina will be leading FJR Forum members to Barranca del Cobre over Friday October 5 though Wednesday October 10. I will post follow up information regarding Tourist Permits, Lender Releases, Temporary Vehicle Importation Permits, and the required Motorcycle Insurance.

Destination is the incredible splendor of Mexico’s Copper Canyon in the State of Chihuahua. We’ll rendezvous at 3: PM on the Estados Unidos side of the Nogales Commercial Truck Entry, known as the Mariposa Crossing.

Our first night’s lodging will be at the Holiday Inn in Hermosillo, Sonora. Room reservations are through www.cheaptickets.com and the rate is $75.

Saturday night we’ll spend on the rim at Creel. Next day we’ll park our road bikes in a secured patrolled courtyard and our vendor driver will take us down into Parque Natural in his ten passenger Ford van. Sunday night will be spent in the historic mining town of Batopilas in the very bottom of the canyon. Welcome to Mexico of the 1880’s: the village generator shuts down at 8 in the evening and does not restart until 8 the next morning. Dinner cooked over coals, and your dinner and drinks by candlelight. Monday we motor back up to collect our bikes and ride to Divisadero to spend the night gazing down into the canyon, while the Ferrocarril Escenico del Chihuahua follows the tracks down to Los Mochis and the La Paz, Baja ferry docks.

A highlight of this trip will be riding El Espinoza del Diablo both ways, from La Colorado to La Junta Adolfo Lopez Mateos. Devil’s Backbone is one of the twistiest routes in North America, much better than The Dragon!

Tuesday night we’ll again stay in Hermosillo; crossing into US Wednesday.

More posts will follow on this trip, but you may call Chuy at 480-917-3863.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.maevesbigadventure.com/forums/f...isplay.php?f=17

"Yer Dublin Maun" mi amigo Embajador Irlandes de Mexico Seamus MacTreinfhir sent me the link above, I thought that you might enjoy reading this in preparation for the FJR Forum Group Mexico ride. Here is friend Paddy's Post:

"Don, I know that you are a Serious Mexico Visitor, below is a link to an Donegal Irish lady Maeve who is on a GS and right now in Mexico, I am a frequent visitor to her site, she's a good writer with an Irish sense of humour. I know that you can relate to some of it as she passes through the country. Right now she had done a loop and is back in Puerto Penasco. Cheers, Seamus"