Ride to Puerto Vallarta con Papa Chuy Viejo; March of 2016.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hola Marco, thanks for the information. We AZ Beemers are riding our K1600's to Chiapas for the BMW Convention in September, but there seems to be two competing BMW Mexico Moto Clubs Rallies going on for 2015. What is the background on this? Que tal, Amigo!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BMW-Motorrad-Federación-de-México/637756162989845

Its a long story Don, making it short politics and other interests divided the BMW clubs. At this stage there are two groups. The "BMW Motorrad Federacion de Mexico" is the new one which only cares for gathering friends, ride and some social work involved (RoDar mas). It comprises 22 moto clubs. It is the one who organized and sponsored Chihuahua Convention and behind Chiapas 2015. As a matter of fact this weekend we are having our first " Congreso Nacional de Clubes BMW" with all 22 moto clubs reps present in Ajijic, Jalisco.

I do not have info on the other group plans for 2015, however this past 2014 Chihuahua Convention had more than 800 attendees whereas the Mexico City (of the other group) had 64 attendees.
I am sure that your friend of the Oaxaca Club, which is with the new Federation now, can give you more info. Saludos

Don - this looks like it will be a fantastic ride. I hope you have a great tour.

Unrelated to your thread, I've been intrigued by something with you for a long time and just now, I've worked up enough nerve to ask you about it. Be advised that this inquisition is coming from a good place - if my question is offensive, know that I ask it only out of ignorance and curiosity.

(I hope I don't regret this)

What is "Papa Chuy Viejo" and what does him/it have to do with your posts on this forum?

Don - this looks like it will be a fantastic ride. I hope you have a great tour.

Unrelated to your thread, I've been intrigued by something with you for a long time and just now, I've worked up enough nerve to ask you about it. Be advised that this inquisition is coming from a good place - if my question is offensive, know that I ask it only out of ignorance and curiosity.

(I hope I don't regret this)

What is "Papa Chuy Viejo" and what does him/it have to do with your posts on this forum?
Absolutely no problemo at all hppants, I first rode a motorcycle in to Mexico in October of 1968. I had enlisted in the US Army and I had to report to Fort Ord, California on 10/23/68. I rode my 1964 Norton Atlas 750 as far as I could down the Baja California Peninsula for three weeks, before my Military Meetup with my Uncle Sam.

I fell in love with riding a Moto in Mexico plus I really do like the Mexican people, except for HotRodZilla of course! Fun Loving Folks (AJ excepted!), Great Food and Scenery.

When I returned from Reese Kaserne US Army Base in Augsburg, Germany I joined BMW MOA Central Valley Beemers Club in Bakersfield, California (close to Don Carver).

One of the first Club rides I posted up to the typed Club Newsletter was back to Baja California Sur, a dozen Beemer Friends joined me: They named me Papa Chuy Viejo!

Old Daddy Chuy, ese!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that wasn't so bad after all. Thanks for sharing that.

Doing the "math" if you enlisted in the Army in 1968, that would put you firming in the category of "not being able to trust a fart, whether you are saving the grease or not" category!

JSNS

Cheers!

Well, that wasn't so bad after all. Thanks for sharing that.

Doing the "math" if you enlisted in the Army in 1968, that would put you firming in the category of "not being able to trust a fart, whether you are saving the grease or not" category!

JSNS

Cheers!
67 years old on 10/28/2015:

Over the weekend Brian, Enrique and I discussed the Chiapas Ride in September, both BB and Henry said they can't do it due to a "work thing"; no Comprende ese!

Much as I'd LOVE to take Donna to see Zacatecas at 8K feet, San Miguel de Allende at 7K feet and Guadalajara at 5.5K feet: Her lungs just can't take the elevation.

So I've laid out a route for Donna and I that hugs the coast with our Southernmost stop being Puerto Vallarta, with an alternate for you folks to visit the other Cities.

Day 1: Phoenix to Hermosillo - 425 miles.

Day 2: Hermosillo to Los Mochis - 350 miles.

Day 3: Los Mochis to Mazatlan - 300 miles.

Day 4: Donna and Don ride to Puerto Vallarta at 300 miles, tus Vatos Locos ride to Zacatecas - 400 miles.

Day 5: D & D en PV; Los Gringos ride to San Miguel de Allende - 300 miles.

Day 6: D & D en PV; second night for AZ Beemers in San Miguel de Allende.

Day 7: D & D en PV; San Miguel de Allende to Guadalajara - 275 miles.

Day 8: You meet Don and Donna in PV after riding 275 miles from GDL.

Day 9: We all ride from PV to Mazatlan - 300 miles.

Day 10: Mazatlan to San Carlos - 475 miles. https://www.sancarlosplaza.com.mx/english/

Day 11: San Carlos to Phoenix - 475 miles.

Donna and I'll be staying at https://www.sheratonvallarta.com where we AZ Beemers stayed before. https://www.lasiesta.com.mx/english/ Our MAZ favorite: La Siesta!

The 11 days that Donna and I can do this ride are in Springtime between Saturday 3/5 and Monday 3/21/16. Whatever 11 days work the best for all!

Saludos y recuerdos,

Don Stanley
Chandler, AZ 85225