Close but no cigar…

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draggon Rider

Reaction score
Thursday night I was heading over to WeHo for dinner with some biker buds. I'm working my way through Beverly Hills back streets trying to avoid Santa Monica Blvd. I get to the corner of Carmelita Ave and Doheny Dr; I'm working my way around stopped cars to get to the left turn lane on Doheny and I have to suddenly stop. And where do I stop? Right on top of the dip, which means the ground is 2 to 3 inches lower than I anticipated. The bike starts to go down, :eek: I quickly get my footing and just as the bike reaches the point of no return I get the decent stopped and with every inch of my being I push the beast back to the balance point. Mind you I'm riding two up so that is an extra 200 pounds.

Moral of the story “"Pay attention to where the bike comes to a stop".

The scary part; as I'm riding over to WeHo I'm feeling confident and thinking “"Wow it's been a while sense I've dropped the bike". Second Moral of the story; “"don't jinks yourself"”.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moral of the story “"Pay attention to where the bike comes to a stop".
The scary part; as I'm riding over to WeHo I'm feeling confident and thinking “"Wow it's been a while sense I've dropped the bike". Second Moral of the story; “"don't jinks yourself"”.

:lol:
It takes a chain of events to cause an accident...sounds like you were one link short. :hi:

Now if the dip had been wet & slimy... So shake it off and keep rolling.

Cheers,

W2

Great recovery Randy. At least you din't get the FeeJ scratched. :yahoo:

Let me ask you this now... Are you sore? :dribble: :D :p

Nothing like that feeling of recovering the bike only to realize you've pulled a muscle or three in your back, legs, arms, sides etc. ;)

Similar thing happened to me this weekend (unexpected right to left slope plus loose gravel), but I wasn't able to keep the bike from tipping over. Cost me my left mirror and two pieces that hold the winshield on.

Simon - My heroic affords to keep the bike upright were akin to the Hulk turning green. :lol:

And yes to the sore part. I sprang my left thumb. Makes it hard to type. :p

@ Blind Squirrel - OUCH! Sorry to hear that.

Careful, you gave away your pillions weight. You could be in grave danger! :p
I was being kind. :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stalled her in first turning around in my driveway this weekend... she went down faster than I could react and I almost did a dive roll off her.

Yay for frame sliders but still got a scratch in my left side bag. *sigh*

Picking her back up was one of those adrenalin fueled "gdamn sh!t f**k sunova b**ch" HEAVE her upright moments... *ooo... that's gonna hurt later*

Had a good ride afterwards though.