Clutch Bleed Time - Can it be done with.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V GER

Reaction score
.... a Speed Bleeder on an AE?

Anyone have comments on this combo, versus a power vac setup?

Thanks

V

I'm not real impressed by the current crop of Speedbleeders. I used to like them a lot more, but I've stopped using them. I've had issues with pulling air past the threads no matter what I do, and I've used teflon pipe tape and blobs of grease. If I had a power vac, I'd certainly use that instead.

I use a MightyVac for my '05 ABS. Once done, I use the "old fashioned" method (squeezing the levers to pressurize and bleed) just to be sure. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used speedbleeders on all my bikes for the last umpteen years - no issues with the FJR 'A'. But the 'AE' must have a method to dorce the fluid through - I'd have to check the manual I have in the Garage.

No teflon tape - just their sealant as provided. Makes flushing the system a breeze - I do it at the same time I do the coolant each spring.

I haven't fitted speedbleeders on my AE, but I picked up a MityVac at Harbor Freight (the only "name brand" product I have /ever/ seen there...) for $30 or so and it seemed to get the system flushed after some patience.

I use a MightyVac for my '05 ABS. Once done, I use the "old fashioned" method (squeezing the levers to pressurize and bleed) just to be sure. :blink:
Gunny.
I do the old fashion way too, because my Mighty Vac pulls so hard, it pulls in air around the fitting and hose, so I like to get it done real well by bleeding by hand.

Not sure of the AE has any other challenges.

I use a MightyVac for mine Once done, I use the "old fashioned" method (squeezing my "lever" to pressurize) just to be sure. :blink:
Gunny.
I do the old fashion way too, because my Mighty Vac pulls so hard.. it hurts, so I like to get it real hard by "bleeding" by hand, if ya get my drift.. ;)

Not sure of any other challenges.

Well I'll be damned... :blink: Two pervs lending a "hand" :eek: .

What's this place becoming? :blink:

:jester:

I use a MightyVac for mine Once done, I use the "old fashioned" method (squeezing my "lever" to pressurize) just to be sure. :blink:
Gunny.
I do the old fashion way too, because my Mighty Vac pulls so hard.. it hurts, so I like to get it real hard by "bleeding" by hand, if ya get my drift.. ;)

At least its in the privacy of their garage. If it is out in the driveway then mayby somebody would lend a hand. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gunny.

At least its in the privacy of their garage. If it is out in the driveway then mayby somebody would lend a hand. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, pardon me while I go wash my mind out

Gunny.

At least its in the privacy of their garage. If it is out in the driveway then mayby somebody would lend a hand with livestock, like some folks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I didn't do it. It wasn't me. You can't prove it. :finger:

Gunny.I do the old fashion way too, because my Mighty Vac pulls so hard.. it hurts, so I like to get it real hard by "bleeding" by hand, if ya get my drift.. ;)

Well I'll be damned... :blink: Two pervs lending a "hand" :eek: .What's this place becoming? :blink: :jester:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, pardon me while I go wash my mind out
Ouch! It's not even Friday.