Clutch operation changed on '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed it the day I got it.

I didn't notice it was shorter by 7/16 of an inch.

I have the Big Bike heated grips installed. They have a solid plastic core of thier own. And the right grip fits "real" tight over the knurled surface of the aluminum throttle tube. So I have no pans on disconnecting the wiring and pulling the grip off just to trade for the full size version. It's not an issue for me.

I see. Now that I know that your grip has a “solid plastic core” kinda explains things to me. I was wondering why you weren’t experiencing the same issue that I was with the shorter tube.

Copy last. Was just curious.

Thanks for responding.

I don't find it twitchy at all. The earlier engagement of the clutch was something I had to get used to (took essentially one or two rides to do this), but no twitchiness. I just thought I should add this to the conversation. I know there are folks that think their bike is twitchy, my experience with my bike is that it is not. Why this is I have no explanation for. They should be consistent but apparently they are not.
Earlier bikes experienced reports that some were fire dragon's to ride in hot weather while some rider's had no issue with the heat at all. Some bikes ticked, most did not. Why the difference? I have no idea, but these are the facts that we have all read about and experienced personally. There are differences in bikes.

+1

My brand new 06/7 clutch is fine - I have the adjuster on the closest position, and sure, the take up point is not far out from the bar, but it is easy to get used to....

YMMV

Sam has offered to fix me up with the full size throttle tube as soon as they become available. He stands behind his product and has been a pleasure to do business with.

Talked to Sam today. The full size throttle tubes are in and mine is on it's way. :yahoo:

Talked to Sam today. The full size throttle tubes are in and mine is on it's way. :yahoo:
And mine?????? :D

¿Dónde está el mío?

Wo ist meins?

:search:
It should be on it's way too. Sam said that he was going to send out, new tubes, to all of those that already had the short tube and then fill all the new orders. You might want to give him a call. He didn't have my name on his list :glare: .

Latest posts