Communication devices

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Playin

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on communication with a passenger. We both have full faced helmets and would like to be able to talk while riding.

Email. No, I'm Just Playin. No, that's you. Wait, I'm all confused now.

What was the question?

Plenty of rider-pillion comm systems out there. Personally I use Nolan N102 NCOM Classic helmets. Most PMR Radios also (such as the Alan 456R) have an intercom facility to allow you to communicate with a pillion.

Tom

Does anyone have any suggestions on communication with a passenger. We both have full faced helmets and would like to be able to talk while riding.

Starcom from Sportbike Effects. I love mine. Put it in a tank bag. Automatically mutes the IPod when we talk. Sounds like she's in my helmet. We use earbuds by Trick Audio (3pr for 99)

I have my phone hooked up as well and it's kind of cool to answer calls at 75+ and people don't even know you're on a bike! There is a little interference with my particular Razr though.

It's an awesome system.

Maybe I am getting a bit jaded, but I would wait around for playin to post again before offering up more advice. A couple of posts and asking about communications, is oil next? Sounds like Peter to me.

Thanks for the advice. I will probably try this one because of thr wirelss technology. I do wish that it had an option for an mp3 player though.

Scala Rider Teamset. For $180 I am impressed so far.Teamset
Is asking about communications bad in the beggining or something? I'm not up on the inside rules yet. My wife wants, I have 0 knowledge, I ask someone who does. Wife is happy! Good rule.

Thanks for the advice. I will probably try this one because of thr wirelss technology. I do wish that it had an option for an mp3 player though.

Is asking about communications bad in the beggining or something? I'm not up on the inside rules yet. My wife wants, I have 0 knowledge, I ask someone who does. Wife is happy! Good rule.
Nope, we just had a troll that started with the same post not too long ago along with a couple of other well traveled threads. I got hooked into a two of the threads before I realized what was up, feeling a bit burned I guess. I should be fully recovered in a couple of months :)

Where do you get them for $180? Your link lists $280
I bought it off Ebay from an outfit called Bargain Biker Gear I believe.

The wife and I used the Teamset this weekend while riding to Myrtle Beach and back. It performed very well. It will be a keeper.

Autocomm with in custom ear buds, AWESOME at any speed ! Sirius radio, cellphone, Zumo550,GMRS/FRS two way & radar detector + passenger intercom(&phone use)Speakers totally suck at speed of any kind, well not too bad at 40 mph, JMO

Last edited by a moderator: