Congratulations Rossi!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKLD

I miss Don. 😔
Reaction score
Rossi's domination at Assen was superb! Not having a MotoGP win since 2010, this must have been a very special win for him.

Also, Lorenzo was a warrior. Just broken his collarbone, having a plate with 8 screws put in, he raced as best as anyone could have hoped, finishing 5th. Go Yamaha!

In the future, please put spoiler in the title with neary a clue to who won. Some of us didn't get to watch the race yet. Thanks.

Great race. Nice to see Rossi claim a victory again. Lorenzo was amazing to claim 5th after surgery. Although a crappy start Cal Crutchlow had a very nice race. Great day for Yamaha.

In the future, please put spoiler in the title with neary a clue to who won. Some of us didn't get to watch the race yet. Thanks.
You should know better than to be on the net before watching the race. Spoilers everywhere!!

I'm sorry man, in the future I'll post title w/ spoiler alert.

+1
upset.gif

I am a huge Rossi fan and ecstatic about his win after nearly 1000 days in the wilderness. But I am still in awe of what Lorenzo managed to do this weekend. Let's see...

• Broken collarbone in practice at Assen on Thursday.
  • Fly to Barcelona Thursday night. Surgery from 2am - 4am in Barcelona early Friday morning. Titanium plate and 8 screws.
  • Back on a plane Friday afternoon to Assen.
  • Grit his teeth and pass the physical exam friday to race the next day like it was no big deal.
  • Race to 5th place finish on Saturday. He deserves the new Superman title.

I'm not a big Lorenzo fan but I was surely impressed this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
FANTASTICO! Great to see Rossi hunt down, pass and win again. Also enjoyed seeing Pedrosa go backwards after leading. Much respect and props to Lorenzo for racing and placing 5th just a day out of surgery. You know he wants the championship.

It was a great race!

I am a huge Rossi fan and ecstatic about his win after nearly 1000 days in the wilderness. But I am still in awe of what Lorenzo managed to do this weekend. Let's see...
  • Broken collarbone in practice at Assen on Thursday.
  • Fly to Barcelona Thursday night. Surgery from 2am - 4am in Barcelona early Friday morning. Titanium plate and 8 screws.
  • Back on a plane Friday afternoon to Assen.
  • Grit his teeth and pass the physical exam friday to race the next day like it was no big deal.
  • Race to 5th place finish on Saturday. He deserves the new Superman title.

I'm not a big Lorenzo fan but I was surely impressed this weekend.
He jumped to the top of my list of "those with stones".

Just watched it, great race, even if I already knew the winner.
sad.png

Was hoping that Brit would pull it off in the end for second. Much respect for that guy in the way he races, how he performs despite not having a factory ride. Class act.

Awesome ! Great to hear this, and good on ya LKLD ! ...dont mind the whiners, the winners too cool !....cheese to some, cheers to the rest of ya !