Contemplating a trip over Turkey Day weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mentioned it to the wife...I still need to find someone to cover for me at the cigar shop for Friday night. So if I'm not snowed in, and I can find someone to cover Friday night for me...I'm in.

I've wanted to check out tha Alleghany Inn for a couple of years now.

What about Bob?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am out. I have surgery next week and have no idea where I will be after that. Kind of why I did the ride I did last weekend.

I am out. I have surgery next week and have no idea where I will be after that. Kind of why I did the ride I did last weekend.
What are ya havin...an addadicktome?

Just kidding. Hope it's nothing serious. Make sure you let me know how things turn out

Just kidding. Hope it's nothing serious. Make sure you let me know how things turn out
No, but it involves my dick! Ureteroscopy.

No, but it involves my dick! Ureteroscopy.
Ouch!!!

Now getting back on track...I'm hoping for great weather for Thanksgiving weekend.

Bob, you may be fine by that particular weekend. You're not being cut, right?

& this past weekend may have found you with company to ride with if you didn't attempt to discourage me about going. I had a 3 day weekend.

Like ^^^^she^^^^ said, it ain't nothing Bob.

You will probably be laughing through the whole procedure anyways, what's a little device crammed through your urethra anyways? Shoot, you could probably play poker while they're doing their thing...just to pass the time.
wink.png

I'm sure you'll be back to hoontime within a day or so anyways...

Mark... I didn't mean to make it sound that it was going to be a walk in the park. I'm thinking sore for a couple/few days & then be recouped. WTH man, starting trouble?! Oh I forgot... you have that right on your resume in bold letters.

Ask him what happened to that bike the day after that picture was taken! I didn't even come close to getting all those bug guts off!

Dang... no takers... a 3 day weekend for riding fizzles, again...

I took a close look at my back tire over the weekend and I wouldn't trust it for more than a few local trips. I probably would be able to ride(physically), but I am choosing to just stay home for the weekend.

Mike hasn't responded to this post at all. Why would I think that?

& good luck with your procedure, Bob.

& I suppose I'm just a little disappointed... 3 day weekends for me are few & far between.

I haven't heard from Jay. He is supposed to get his kids @ some point that weekend. He was supposed to let me know when & if he'd be able to make it. That was last week & I've heard nothing from him. I'm taking that as a "I've got the kids & I cannot go"

I haven't heard from Jay. He is supposed to get his kids @ some point that weekend. He was supposed to let me know when & if he'd be able to make it. That was last week & I've heard nothing from him. I'm taking that as a "I've got the kids & I cannot go"
Well...are you still considering this trip or should I just forget about it?