Copper Canyon Mexico Trip Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fontanaman

Robin Trower
Reaction score
It is the middle of winter and many of us are not riding. Trip reports on the forum are down so to fill the space and provide some winter relief I am posting my ride report to Copper Canyon.

The trip is a bit dated, Sept 2007, but what the heck. I made the trip from Seattle to Copper Canyon in 18 days on my Vstrom. This was before I bought my FJR. Most of this trip could be done on the FJR then take a jeep from Creel to Botapilas. You could even take your FJR from Creel to Botapilas but the headers might take a beating.

Get some pop corn and your favorite beverage. Only two more months before spring.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Fontanaman,

cabin fever sucks, thanks a lot or hat great write up, I've surly enjoyed reading about it!

V

RPK

Nice report and pictures, makes sitting inside from the cold much better, at least for awhile.

Thanks Jim

Awesome write up, but it helps nothing I'm afraid. When the traction control goes bonkers on my Jeep just pulling out of my neighborhood, I take it as a sign I should not be on two wheels. This cold spell really brings the suck.

An outstanding Copper Canyon Ride Report, Jim. You know hombre there are many of us here on the FJR Forum that would ride back to Barrancas del Cobre in the drop of a Sombrero ese: yamafitter, CHRIS_D, Tucson Joe, rushes, fjrrider, Papa Chuy and Vato Locos!

1090631744_ies8W-L.jpg

An outstanding Copper Canyon Ride Report, Jim. You know hombre there are many of us here on the FJR Forum that would ride back to Barrancas del Cobre in the drop of a Sombrero ese: yamafitter, CHRIS_D, Tucson Joe, rushes, fjrrider, Papa Chuy and Vato Locos!
Ya someday I would like to go again too. This time with more time and on a motorcycle that is more off road worthy. The Vstrom is bit if a pig on gravel roads when the surface is soft and deep.

I would also like to ride the Continental Divide someday.

Thanks everybody for your comments.