• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Corbin Saddle for Gen 2 or Gen 3, Pilot and Passenger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaJudge

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Now that I've had the opportunity to fully break-in my recently-acquired Laam seat, I'm going to ride it and sell the Corbin front and rear that came on my '13 (original purchaser paid nearly $600 plus shipping for these). It's in quite nice condition with only a few little scuffs on the leather (the bike has always been garage-kept).

I found the Corbin to be quite comfortable on my backside (much like to the one I had on my FZ-1) and did some 6+ hour days with it. My issue is with ride height and it's opposite from the one that most folks have. I'm tall with a 35.5 inch inseam. The Corbin sits lower than what I need which made my old knees were more bent than I like on longer trips. With the Laam seat (custom built on the stock pan with my long legs in mind), I can set it in the high position, add an Alaskan sheepskin pad and still flat-foot the FJR. Similar in butt comfort to the Corbin, but kinder on my mid-50's knees.

IMG_1874s_zpsajlmpzhi.jpg

IMG_1875s_zps4nwlnlki.jpg

I know from sending my stock seat (front and rear) to Seth Lamm earlier this year that FedEx ground shipping for both pieces within the US will run roughly about $45, so I'll offer it for $345 shipped in the US. PayPal is fine.

I'm interested, does this seat the rider higher or lower than the stock seat? I'm just sort of flat-footing when standing or backing up.

I'm interested, does this seat the rider higher or lower than the stock seat? I'm just sort of flat-footing when standing or backing up.

About the same as stock seat, maybe 1/4" lower.

But, you can remove the plastic tray that adjusts for hi/low completely and have seat sit right on frame rails, which lowers it about 1/2".

It's made so that you use it without the plastic tray and put the front mounting bar (under the rear of the tank) in the low slot. You ought to be fine with it renink.