could have had bad ending

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekend rider

Reaction score
The last couple of days I have been riding some roads in the midle of the state that I have not been on.

I was ridding hwy 58 from Mckittarick heading to hwy 101. I was comming down a hill getting ready to make a right hand 90 degree turn I was by Soda Lake, as I intered the turn things were great getting ready to accelrate out of the turn but, somthing caught my eye to in front and slightly to the left I pushed on the bars to make the bike go sharper into the turn , and wow I was glad. What did I see laying curled up on the road I almost hit a rattle snake about two feet long. It was sunning on the road for warmth, I am glad it was very cool out.

Also on my way to Creston one of those Vultures was eating on the side of the road as I rounded the turn and he decided to take flight, I grabbed a hand full and stood on the rear from keep from me hitting him in flight . Just love those ABS brakes saved my bacon quite a few times.

Two great two days of ridding I have some pics but not smart enugh to post them. :angry2:

Back in my dirt bike days, I stopped to look at a snake in the road. Sucker threaded himself into my front spokes. Completely froze me up for the 20 seconds or so it took for him to decide there wasn't any food to be had on that rim. I just remember thinking - If I take off, that things gonna flip right up into me.

I hit an owl on a run with RenoJohn, Uberkul, John T. and Fairlaner a couple years ago. Owl hit my knee (made for a fairly spectacular feather explosion) which made my hip hurt for 3 or 4 days and it was a heckofalot smaller bird than a turkey vulture.

Glad your adventure turned out well.

Last edited by a moderator:
You Kalifornians is such wussies. You're inexperienced on the east coast till you use a bike to kill a deer or two.