Cow-a-Bunga

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you guys came out of that one Ok, things could have been disastrous.

Were you guys riding in an open range area?

Wow, glad that it turned out good for everybody. That would have been a hard way to make hamburgers.

New Hampshire style:

IMG_4723a.jpg

Self serve with a lock box bolted to the trailer. The lady that runs this vending station
wink.png
has a large cow farm and sells over a thousand bags a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, glad that it turned out good for everybody. That would have been a hard way to make hamburgers.
New Hampshire style:

IMG_4723a.jpg

Self serve with a lock box bolted to the trailer. The lady that runs this vending station
wink.png
has a large cow farm and sells over a thousand bags a year.
Now that's sum funny shit right there!

Trouble is, you guys ride on the wrong side of the road. Wouldn't have needed to avoid it if you were on the left ;) .

Were you guys riding in an open range area?
It was open range.

Great miss! A deer is one thing, you T-bone that dude and it's pretty much church!
T-bone... cow... bwah-ha-ha-ha. :)

All I saw was this huge black thing coming out of the trees so after a brief swerve it was just hard on the brakes.

About a mile later there was a deer standing on the side of the road. Got hard on the brakes again, once was enough for that day.

Yeah...that didn't knock him on his ass. If you watch the slo-mo version, it barely phased him. Bulls are unbelievably tough. I once watched one drag around a large goose-neck stock trailer. He bent the shit out of it but never broke the rope. After he moved that trailer from side to side, two feet at a time, for probably thirty minutes, he decided he had enough and got in; with some prodding. Bastard.

My dad hit a large bull on his way home in the dark a very long time ago. My dad was driving a 1970 Datsun 210 and the black bull was sleeping in the road in the dark. My dad hit it at around 50mph. The bull rolled onto the hood, over the roof and off of the trunk. My dad was in the habit of driving with his hand on the little side seat lever and luckily pulled it when the car hit the bull. His seat fell backwards and the roof ended up 6 inches above his face. Probably would have broken his neck if the seat hadn't moved. Totaled the car, but didn't hurt my dad or break the eggs in the trunk. That bull got up and walked away.

You're lucky you mostly missed it. Good eye seeing it come out of those shadows!!

I'm glad that all you did was slap that beast in the face. I'm surprised it didn't break the bag off. You were very lucky.

Is there any damage to the bag?

Yeah...that didn't knock him on his ass. If you watch the slo-mo version, it barely phased him.
My buddy (the one with the GoPro) said the beast did fall over. By the time I got stopped and turned around to look he was wobbling back into the trees. We saw him crossing the road a few minutes later while we were examining the damage.

I'm glad that all you did was slap that beast in the face. I'm surprised it didn't break the bag off. You were very lucky.
Is there any damage to the bag?
The front mounting hook broke along the underside. We took the liner out of the bag and bungied it to the passenger seat and wrapped it around the bag to keep it from bouncing and finished the trip. The bag needs to be replaced. There's a small dent in the muffler as well (from the bag hitting it when the mount broke) but I don't think I'll bother with that.

Woohoo! Close one! Those black Angus or hard to spot in the shadows when the light is strobing. Lots of open range around here, too.

Dude!! I woulda have had to stop to pull the seat outta my butt.

I came close one night, 1 am-ish, coming home from work. Familiar route in the boondocks but as I came over a little hill something up ahead just didn't look right. I slowed and as I approached I remember thinking, "is this a black hole or what?". Turned out to be 3 black cows standing on the narrow bridge I was nearing. That coulda been so, so bad....that straight stretch is normally where I 'speed up a bit'.