crash bar advice for Wee-Strom riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bull

Reaction score
Mrs Bull had a little indescretion with her brand new wee yesterday. Luckily at zero mph - so no injuries other than ruffled pride.

Just in case any of you guys might be interested - these bars from Twisted Throttle do a bloody great job of preventing damage - at least as far as you'd be able to tell by examining my good lady's ride. I can honestly say that the only damage I could detect was a tiny scratch on the bar end weight.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/imagecatalo...ctview/383/203/

dear Admins - I'm not intrerested in promoting one person's business over another - just this particular product really saved the day. (please move to another place if it makes better sense - thanks in advance)

ride safe dudes - Bull

Have a similar version from H-B on my Strom. Although not the sexiest things around, they fit the personality of the bike and do provide protection for the body work. Need to upgrade the hand guards though... :eek:

--G

They look strong. Aren't you glad you had them installed?

funny thing Carver - just after we brought the bike home I purchased a few little farkles for Mrs Bull's new bike. Well at first she wasn't very impressed with me paying out another chunk of change on what looked like 'silly toys and gadgets'.

However - she is now 'converted' and understands first hand that a farkle can sometimes be a 'crucial safety upgrade'.

Money well spent <_<

I too am crossing over to the dark side (or at least partly cloudy side) this weekend when I pick up an '04 Wee. I like the looks of the SW-MO, but am leaning towards the Pat Walsh set up with oil cooler guard for about $50 less. Will be on my gotta have list right behind a center stand.

We'll see if the Wee just sits in the garage like the '06 did, while I keep riding the FJR. That happened with both my FZ1s too.... just call me a slow learner. :unsure:

B)