Crater Lake Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InkHogNeato

Reaction score
Southern Oregon Types - I'm putting together a Crater Lake Run for September 9. Klamath Falls riders will meet at 9:00AM at the new Pilot just outside of Klamath on Hwy 97 north. We'll head out to Crater Lake, ride the rim, hang out for a bit, then head back.

Anyone from the area is welcome to join us, or if you're from the other side, feel free to meet us at Crater Lake and we'll all ride the Rim. We should be there around 10:30-ish and will stop at the gift shop parking lot first to meet up with any others who show up.

Hope to see you there!

crater-lake-3.jpg

You might want to look at the Oregon RTEscheduled for the following weekend. Many of us are planning to ride Crater Lake on the way to Lunch Saturday after spending the night in Klamath Falls.

Is your planned ride something organized with another group, or are you just hoping to meet some other FJR riders? If the latter, join us the following week in LaPine.

Yes, I saw that and I hope to make it up to that meet. This is just something that some friends and I had planned, so I thought I'd toss it out there for anyone else who might like to go. The more the merrier!

We'll be in Klamath Falls at the Cimarron Inn on Friday 9/14 if you want to drop over. Maybe you could be a guide for park tour the next morning.

We're up to six riders out of Klamath. Please let us know if you think you'll make it up to Crater Lake from anywhere so we know to look for you when we get there. Again, we're leaving at 9:00 on 9/9, and should get to the gift shop parking lot somewhere between 10:30 and 11:00. Hope you can make it!

Somebody in the last couple of days mentioned heavy construction conditions on 97 to me. Since that seems to be pretty much THE road to get from K-Falls to La Pine, I'd appreciate your impression of it after your run on the 9th. I don't know what we could do about it if it's too bunged up, except allow extra time to make it up there for our sandwiches, but the info couldn't hurt. Maybe any suggestions you might have for getting around problem areas would be good too. Thanks, and have a nice ride up to the lake.

Somebody in the last couple of days mentioned heavy construction conditions on 97 to me. Since that seems to be pretty much THE road to get from K-Falls to La Pine, I'd appreciate your impression of it after your run on the 9th. I don't know what we could do about it if it's too bunged up, except allow extra time to make it up there for our sandwiches, but the info couldn't hurt. Maybe any suggestions you might have for getting around problem areas would be good too. Thanks, and have a nice ride up to the lake.
There wasn't any last month when we went to Eureka and there isn't any showing up on the computer.

There wasn't any last month when we went to Eureka and there isn't any showing up on the computer.
*Mini-hijack*

Ray -- Just checked the ODOT site and nothing is showing up but...how is 97 north of La Pine to the border. I'll be making the run from Ellensburg early Saturday morning to arrive JIT for a Reuben!

--G

*Mini-hijack*

Ray -- Just checked the ODOT site and nothing is showing up but...how is 97 north of La Pine to the border. I'll be making the run from Ellensburg early Saturday morning to arrive JIT for a Reuben!

--G
None that I'm aware of.

*Mini-hijack*

--G
None that I'm aware of.
Gorgeous George, what does it really matter? "Pops" Niehart is going to have to make a piss stop at least four times, when you get to Madras his Metamucil will finally be kicking in and he'll have to take his morning dump while reading "The Oregonian" on his porcelain throne!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we will be in the area that day. Probably leaving Lapine around 9:00 AM on sunday. If you see an 03 FJR and a blue Sportster that's us. :)

Plans changed and we went today. Lots of bikes and idiots. Take lunch with you because the prices are steep. Cost me thirty bucks for a sandwich and small salad and small drink for two people.

Last edited by a moderator: