• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Custom machined Audiovox CCS-100 mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got the right side fitted. I will be tweaking the design to round it off and make it a little easier on the eye, but here's a visual of the position of the mount.

IMG_1518.jpg

I just got the unit, it's supplied with automotive type mounting tape affixed to the back. Thanks for the response.

Looks like a great redux! I can't wait to get mine! Now I just need the bike it holds on to.

Waiting sucks.

Can a kind '06 owner please take a dimension and post it here for me. I think I have it, but want to double check.

This relates to the right side CC mount. I would like to know the distance from the center of the 2 screws that hold the right lever assembly to the handlebar, to the left most edge of the right hand grip. I'll take mm's or inch's.

TIA.

Can a kind '06 owner please take a dimension and post it here for me. I think I have it, but want to double check.
This relates to the right side CC mount. I would like to know the distance from the center of the 2 screws that hold the right lever assembly to the handlebar, to the left most edge of the right hand grip. I'll take mm's or inch's.

TIA.
I measure at 3 1/16 with 1/32 gap.

or 3 3/32

Can a kind '06 owner please take a dimension and post it here for me.  I think I have it, but want to double check.
This relates to the right side CC mount.  I would like to know the distance from the center of the 2 screws that hold the right lever assembly to the handlebar, to the left most edge of the right hand grip.  I'll take mm's or inch's.

TIA.
I measure at 3 1/16 with 1/32 gap.

or 3 3/32
Hal, thats close enough to what I have. :clap:

I have the 03-05 all figured out, but to make sure I'll mail you a right side setup to fit check on your '06. If it fits/looks ok, just clicky me a couple of photos please?

Be glad to, however,

I'm in Brazil on business next week, I'll be returning the AM of the 6th. I can install and check on the 6th or 7th. Will this be soon enough for you, or do you need to find someone who can do it sooner?

Last edited by a moderator:
If all goes well within the next week, I will finally have the right side CC mount ready to go for all model year FJR's. This will be the version that will use the 2 fasteners that hold the right brake lever assembly onto the handlebar.

My appologies to the person who already paid for this mount, but due to my eff'ed up schedule of late has been without one. You will be first!!

I know that a bunch of pilots are waiting for this right side setup as well, especially the 06 AE waiters.

Due to the fact that this piece requires more setups and machine time due to the added complexity of the bracket, a slight price increase will be in effect. Not so for the lucky person I mentioned above though. ;)

Thank you sir! Like the bike, it will certainly be worth the wait.

Skyway,

I know you've been running on warpdrive trying to get on the frontend of all this work you're doing for everyone, but could I ask about the status of this 06AE CCS mount?

Thanks agian for all your efforts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Lets try this again. For an un-godly amount of time I have been working flat out with various projects at my shop, with the hope that at some point things might let up a little bit. Well they haven't and things look to be staying this way for a while. So waiting and hopeing for some free time for making farkles is just not cutting it.

I also know that I am waaaay behind the curve on getting this right side mount out to you guys. I am about to change this, as tomorrow I will order the material and get them made. My plan is to have them ready by the end of next week.

Please do not send any funds for this now as I still need to figure out what the final cost will be.

OK, now that I have the sliders installed I'm a Skyway believer (not that I ever had any doubts).

I am looking to a left mount / mirror hole (I have a RAM mount already installed in the clutch reservoir mounting screws).

Do you have any left? $72 if you do, right? Wife is gonna kill me - $90 for the cruise and $72 for the bracket to hold the control pad!!

While I am shopping, what else have you made for my '06?

Skyway,

I'll be happy to pay you any additional funds over the $72 I sent you in April for this mount.

Just let me know how much and when.

My new AE is anxious for it's newest farkle.

The new sliders look great on it!

I have an 06 AE and need one of these. I have not seen the final price. Please let me know so I can get one. Thaanks

I have an 06 AE and need one of these. I have not seen the final price. Please let me know so I can get one. Thaanks
Skyway is pretty busy these days.

Don't know the details myself but it is a combination of family health related issues and just plain demand overtaking supply (the man is busy).

His stuff is that good & worth the wait.

This is the only way you want to mount your Audiovox CC unit.

He hasn't published the reasonable price increase for the new universal right side brake reservoir mount as far as I know. I paid for mine in May, don't have it yet, but I am sure the wait will be worth it.

P.S. I would also put in a plug for powder coating if you are thinking about it. Skyway will send your unit directly to another forum member "garauld" for the service, then he sends the finished product on to you. Coating & shipping cost me about $12 for my other Skyway item (Garmin GPS XM mount)

Hang in there, the wait will be worth it :)

I'm am trying my best to bring some with me to WFO, left and 06 right side.
When you say "06 right side" does that mean universal?

It will fit any year FJR right side (2 screws) brake reservoir mount

These almost ready? :) :D :)

No need to take up room in your WFO bag for me.

I would still like mine sent on to garauld for coating please.

Thanks,

Rob

I'm am trying my best to bring some with me to WFO, left and 06 right side.
When you say "06 right side" does that mean universal?

It will fit any year FJR right side (2 screws) brake reservoir mount

These almost ready? :) :D :)

No need to take up room in your WFO bag for me.

I would still like mine sent on to garauld for coating please.

Thanks,

Rob
That is correct, any year FJR. My mistake.

What's the best source for the Audiovox CC unit? I found it on Amazon for $89.00 is that price as good as any other? Where are the best instructions for installing the Audiovox? Are the ones at FJR1300.info what everyone has been using? Anyone in Nor Cal that has already installed the Audiovox willing to lend a hand on the install for a free meal or some beverages of your choice? :D Skyway, could I pickup the mount from you in person if I wanted? Sonora is only about 80 miles from Elk Grove CA where I'm located and it would make for a nice ride as well.