D & H Cycle experience

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timalan

Reaction score
I am about to send a check to D & H for a new FJR '07!

Has anyone not been impressed?

My dealer here in OK could not touch thier price.

Any warnings?

Tim

I am about to send a check to D & H for a new FJR '07!Has anyone not been impressed?

Any warnings?

Tim
You mean feedback like we have specially made in the Dealer Feedback Forum? D&H is the second item, 12 responses, and a smiley face.
OK right! I'll send the check tomorrow. thanks.... Connie and an Fjr. I've never owned two at a time. thanks

Tim

Make sure you tell your dealer you are going elsewhere and what the alternative price is. As soon as I told mine, they matched within $20.

Make sure you tell your dealer you are going elsewhere and what the alternative price is. As soon as I told mine, they matched within $20.
I love a good road trip anyway but.....

I told my dealer. He has had an '07 on the floor for over a month.

I told him the OTD price D & H gave me. He matched. 1400 dollars higher and a 600 dollar extended war. That he said was at a discount.... He told me I must be wrong. It was probably an '06 leftover or used. And that the D & H price was below Dealer cost. Then he said ...."Enjoy your trip to Alabama!"

Timalan

I love a good road trip anyway but.....

I told my dealer. He has had an '07 on the floor for over a month.

I told him the OTD price D & H gave me. He matched. 1400 dollars higher and a 600 dollar extended war. That he said was at a discount.... He told me I must be wrong. It was probably an '06 leftover or used. And that the D & H price was below Dealer cost. Then he said ...."Enjoy your trip to Alabama!"

Timalan

Yeah enjoy your trip, I sure wish i would have stumbed upon this forum prior to buying mine....

I am about to send a check to D & H for a new FJR '07!Has anyone not been impressed?

Any warnings?

Tim
Tim,

FWIW, I just bought my 07 there and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend D&H to anyone (and I avoid stealerships like the plague). :clapping: If you'd like to see exactly where you're going and who you're dealing with I wrote a full report on my experience obtaining my FJR that can be found: HERE Just scroll down to Feb 8th for the specific D&H stuff. The only "warning" is you that might brush up on your Southern speak before arriving. :D

Best wishes,

AGirl

Dealt with D&H without any problems. I had the paperwork back in less than a week. Their price was half of what my dealer would sell the warranty for. Highly recommend them.

Any warnings?

Tim
Tim,

FWIW, I just bought my 07 there and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend D&H to anyone (and I avoid stealerships like the plague). :clapping: If you'd like to see exactly where you're going and who you're dealing with I wrote a full report on my experience obtaining my FJR that can be found: HERE Just scroll down to Feb 8th for the specific D&H stuff. The only "warning" is you that might brush up on your Southern speak before arriving. :D

Best wishes,

AGirl
I took a year of Suthun as a second Language While I lived in Nashville. Shouldn't be a problem.

Tim

Yeah, how dare they sell the bike so cheap and make me travel 600+ miles to get it. I mean I am sure I could have paid top dollar here in IL, but no. Those good southern boys had to make the deal so sweat that I just could not resist. How dare?

Thank you very much. :clapping:

Tell then Alex from IL said hello and the bike still has 10.5 miles on it :unsure: This weather is killing us here. Have a good road trip.

Any warnings?

Tim
You won't be sorry you made the trip to Cullman. Better hurry ordering as they are only going to get so many.

I picked mine up at the same time AGirl got hers.

Tell Jerald, Ron & Nick, the guy in the pickup that they had to raise the camper shell to get the bike in, said high.

seems to me that if you took your trip costs to get to D&H and went back to your local dealer and gave them D&H price + your trip costs to get total bike cost from local dealer they would go for that deal?
Then he would miss the fun of dealing with D & H. It's a great experience.

Bought mine at D&H and left my honest and glowing report in the dealer feedback section of this forum.

BTW, it was a fantastic trip on a new touring bike. Imagine that, taking a multi-state trip on a touring bike! It was marvelous!!!! My ONLY regret is that I took a route back that was too direct. I should have headed further east before turning back west and heading home. I'm serious.

seems to me that if you took your trip costs to get to D&H and went back to your local dealer and gave them D&H price + your trip costs to get total bike cost from local dealer they would go for that deal?
You have assumed that I have not done this?! :rolleyes:

I was flipping back and forth between the ST1300 and the FJR. The FJR won out. Based on all the positive D&H feedback on this forum I sent my deposit check last Friday. Renaa mentioned that they still had some more available then. I plan on flying in to Huntsville and riding back to Southwest Louisiana. Need to part with my FZ6 or Interceptor soon or something will have to stay outside the garage. I doubt if it will be the FJR.

You have assumed that I have not done this?! :rolleyes:

i bought a new 05 klr650, new 06 fjr, and a 07 yamaha 700 grizzly from D&H. i highly reccomend them.

I was flipping back and forth between the ST1300 and the FJR. The FJR won out. Based on all the positive D&H feedback on this forum I sent my deposit check last Friday. Renaa mentioned that they still had some more available then. I plan on flying in to Huntsville and riding back to Southwest Louisiana. Need to part with my FZ6 or Interceptor soon or something will have to stay outside the garage. I doubt if it will be the FJR.
Keep the fz6, it is a good complement to the fjr. I have one to go with my fjr and I love it.

back in the first wave of FJR's, none in the DFW area would budge off MSRP + various fees. I offered them D&H + $200.00 (my costs for the trip out and back). One salesman shoved his book back and told me, "Knock yourself out!"

I did and am glad I did. It saved me $1500 and snagged me an excellent excuse to go riding. AL back to DFW was just a day trip anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will not be disappointed with D&H. They are by far the nicest, most honest people in the business! You won't get a better price anywhere! Tell them Brian and Wendy from California say HI! We picked ours up a little over a month ago and rode them back... Have over 4500 miles on them now! :yahoo: