Dec 17th Central Florida RTE Yalaha Bakery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IN!...if I'm not there at noon, start without me.
Would be awesome.
If you're not joking, I'd be happy as hell if you showed up, Joe. Just Sayin'
yes.gif
With the forecast for up here...I'd need a trailer to get the bike down there...JSNS

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.2353&lon=-81.8236#.WE_mVdIrKUk

Y'all have fun

IN!...if I'm not there at noon, start without me.
Would be awesome.
If you're not joking, I'd be happy as hell if you showed up, Joe. Just Sayin'
yes.gif
With the forecast for up here...I'd need a trailer to get the bike down there...JSNS

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.2353&lon=-81.8236#.WE_mVdIrKUk

Y'all have fun
Pussy.

rolleyes.gif
Hey crash...

^Mayhem… just pure Mayhem.

He has been involved in crashes at the majority of the EOMs that he has attended… Usually it is the rider that is trying to keep up with him.

I don't even try to stay with him… I am just a fading spec in his mirrors.

Some day I will take some riders classes… some day …

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to go fellas, but mom's had a mild stroke and now everything in my life is on hold. Still haven't had time to repair the damage done the the FJR at EOM in October anyway. Looks like I'll have to take a rain check on any upcoming rides. Have a good time fellas, and remember mom in your thoughts and prayers while I sit home and keep a close eye on her.

Gary

darksider #44

So what's your route? Not that it matters much -- doubt I'll be up and running quite that quickly. Decent ride (it is Florida...) can be had from the BP on Colonial at Maguire around Lake Apopka, up Mt. Plymouth, and circling Mt. Dora (often a traffic nightmare at this time of year):

https://goo.gl/maps/rF7mL

Hop onto 455, that'll take you to 19. Turn right (north) and it'll peel off at 48, just past Howie-in-the-Hills, just stay straight on 48 and you'll get there.

Or, if you want a nicer ride, turn left at the light in Howie-in-the-Hills ( there's only one), and stay on it to Bloomfield Rd., turn right on Bloomfield and it'll take you to 48. Turn left onto 48 (west) and Yalaha Bakery will be on your left about 1,000ft.

Not going to make it... sorry but something's come up. I was really looking forward to putting some miles on this brand new ride too...

I like 455 O.K., but really like the twin curves on 561 -- but you have to be early to avoid putzing car drivers. Tickled at having my bike back, so will definitely be up for a spin. Leaving my abode around 0830, my BP stop around 0900, and probably at Yalaha around 1030 or 1100. Snack and a cup of coffee, and back out around 1115 to 1130.

We should get there around 11:30a.

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Ken. Next time then.

crap, can't make it. Was supposed to sell a bike this morning and then leave for the RTE but the buyer never showed, still hasn't.

Oh well, next time I guess.

Bappo

Great to see you guys again.

I really enjoyed that. It was great to see old friends again. I liked the Bakery. I enjoyed the food and the sweets. Service is a little slow but no big deal cause it was nice sitting out under the trees visiting.

I know I am going back. That place is just a little over an hour from our cabin.

Look forward to the next one.

Rob - got your home safe text ........on Sunday. Ha. I need to get a phone that has better coverage in that area.

Sorry I missed this one. Admittedly, I am sporadic at best on how I keep up with goings on! I saw Vic's FB posts about it and it looks like a good time was had.

I'll try and keep up, really!

Jim, all you have to do is touch the "Follow this topic" button on the upper right hand side for this thread. You'll get an email instantly. Easy Peasy. That's how I keep up with this. :)

I have seen that button and never used it. Thanks Vic.

I hate to miss a good chance to ride my motorcycle to a place to eat!!!!

Latest posts