Documenting a engine light

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As mentioned in this thread, my bike recently had some work done on it. Since then the engine light has came on twice. The first time was on the 19th, then today, the 25th. I am going to keep a log of the engine light issue in hope that it helps the dealer figure out the issue. Here is what I have so far:

2/19

9 miles, LIGHT came on

75mph

34 degree air temp

7 miles, light turned off

Flat incline

**Dealer looked for issue and test rode bike 39 miles, no issue found**

I rode the bike home, 42 miles, no light

2/20

77 miles no issues

2/23

78 miles, no issues

2/24

78 miles, no issues

2/25

22 miles, LIGHT came one

55mph

43 degree air temp

Slight uphill incline

I stopped at a stop light for slightly over a minute and light stayed on

Light turned off while maintaining a speed of 55mph

4 miles, light turned off

3 more miles ridden.

Here is my question, should I be keeping more info? Do I need to track the bars on the temperature gauge, or anything else?

Thank you,

I assume that there are no error codes stored in memory? The bike continues to run well even when the light is on? PCIII? Is the O2 sensor plugged in? The more info we have the easier it will be for us to guess ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume that there are no error codes stored in memory? The bike continues to run well even when the light is on? PCIII? Is the O2 sensor plugged in? The more info we have the easier it will be for us to guess ;)
Error Codes - None in memory. I am told errors codes log in memory, but the engine light on will not log in memory.

Bike runs the same with engine light on.

PCIII - Yes

O2 Sensor - Good point, it was disconnected prior to them working on the bike. However, I do not know if they plugged it back in.

I will try to check tonight.