Don't hate me because I get cheap insurance...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased a new 07'. My only negative experience was notifying Progressive of the bike change (upgraded from a ST1100). I live in TN, I'm 37, no accidents, yearly defensive driving schools, been riding bikes for 22yrs, and my premium went up from $320/yr to $800/yr! After blowing a gasket, the best the agent could do was tell me that the FJR was a more expensive bike to replace. What's the number for that green lizard that goes around selling insurance??

I just purchased a new 07'. My only negative experience was notifying Progressive of the bike change (upgraded from a ST1100). I live in TN, I'm 37, no accidents, yearly defensive driving schools, been riding bikes for 22yrs, and my premium went up from $320/yr to $800/yr! After blowing a gasket, the best the agent could do was tell me that the FJR was a more expensive bike to replace. What's the number for that green lizard that goes around selling insurance??
Screw the lizard. I had some dealings with the lizard that made me seriously question their ethics. Besides, State Farm beat the crap out of their price. (This is in Alabama, prices vary greatly from state to state.)

I'm loving Progressive right now. After finding my annual renewal from Allied included an arbitrary $200+ increase :ranting2: (note that I had no accidents or recent performance awards), I got an online quote from Progressive that had the same coverage but beat Allied's by about $200.

I immediately called my agent and gently prodded him ;) to match the Progressive quote or lose my business. Turns out that my agent also sells Progressive and got me an even better rate thru his system!

$388/year for two bikes and I'm not complaining. Note that I'm 35 and married.

Best advice ... shop around and maintain a campaign of harassment when asking your agent for a better rate!

Last edited by a moderator: