Dr. Rich's Magical Presidents Day Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a list of the riders as of Feb 6thRich

JB (AKA.. the Urinator)

Hycle and Terri

Broodwich

Exskibum and Judy

Madmike2 (maybe)

JWhite 518

Bluestreek

UberKul and maybe Christy

Ric in Sac and Karen

Nightshine

Highlander (maybe)

Silent

Bike Effects

Who is missing from this list?
Anyone want to start a pool on when the boys from JB's house will arrive.... I will take 9:15.... I'm in for $5

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take 9:45, but I'm gonna ass-u-me that I'm leading to the Rhonda-views since I have GPS so wouldn't be fair B)

9:15:01 for me. The closest one wins, of course. :rolleyes:

Dr. Rich (aka: Red Dog Leader)- Did you remember to get the parade permit for each county we are riding through? I am surprised Highlander forgot to bring that requirement to your attention. Oh, he also forgot to mention that the ride leader buys lunch . . .

I will place your brownie/cookie order with Karen for you -- that is another demerit. :lol:

9:15:01 for me. The closest one wins, of course. :rolleyes:
Dr. Rich (aka: Red Dog Leader)- Did you remember to get the parade permit for each county we are riding through? I am surprised Highlander forgot to bring that requirement to your attention. Oh, he also forgot to mention that the ride leader buys lunch . . .

I will place your brownie/cookie order with Karen for you -- that is another demerit. :lol:
I am short just one parade permit, but I think we are good to go.... Please tell Karen that she will not want for Chocolate on this trip. See you Sunday. Rich

Now just hold your ponies a minute there, Tonto. It has come to my attention that some people on this here forum, and in this post in particular, may be secretly poking fun at me. Now, don't get me wrong. I understand that sometimes boys will be boys and they will engage in some, usually, harmless shenanigans. Well that's okay by me. When it's harmless. But sometimes things will get out of control and then the fun goes too far. When the fun goes too far, a fellah has to stand up for himself and call a spade a spade. Well, a spade's a spade, if you know what I mean. So, uh, no more spades, if you know what I mean.

James Burleigh, esq.

Now just hold your ponies a minute there, Tonto. It has come to my attention that some people on this here forum, and in this post in particular, may be secretly poking fun at me. Now, don't get me wrong. I understand that sometimes boys will be boys and they will engage in some, usually, harmless shenanigans. Well that's okay by me. When it's harmless. But sometimes things will get out of control and then the fun goes too far. When the fun goes too far, a fellah has to stand up for himself and call a spade a spade. Well, a spade's a spade, if you know what I mean. So, uh, no more spades, if you know what I mean.
James Burleigh, esq.
You tell 'em, JB! Put those bullies in their place. I'll defend to the death your right to ride like my grandma.

You tell 'em, JB! Put those bullies in their place. I'll defend to the death your right to ride like my grandma.
That's right. JB, I'd fool them all and show up early! :yahoo: The "late" thing has already been done by....who exactly was that fellow who missed the beginning of a ride? In the foothills? Was it New Years Day? Had to use his own map and never did find the roads and other riders? IIRC, some guy from NorCal?

That's right. JB, I'd fool them all and show up early! :yahoo: The "late" thing has already been done by....who exactly was that fellow who missed the beginning of a ride? In the foothills? Was it New Years Day? Had to use his own map and never did find the roads and other riders? IIRC, some guy from NorCal?
Are you guys poking fun at me....? You're not poking fun at me, are you? :glare:

Just a word to the wise. Going up the coast on hwy 1 chips are in the area. Fort Ross area north to Stewarts point. I know (don't ask me). Can't make this one, have a nice ride....... :bike:

Hey, Dr. Rich (BTW, are you a gynecologist? Or was it English Literature)--Where was I? Oh yes, I took the liberty of inviting my buddy James, who rides a BMW K1200RS and is seen ahead of me in a number of my twisties videos. He's taken all the safety classes, including the Keith Code track school. He's also came along on the, um, delayed New Year's ride.

I'm writing because he asked if he could invite a friend of his, who rides some foo foo kinda BMW. I've ridden with that guy before, and I believe he's an experienced rider.

In either case, James will meet us on the Marin side at Hwy12/Hwy121 where we turn right onto Arnold Dr.

Jb

Hey, Dr. Rich (BTW, are you a gynecologist? Or was it English Literature)--Where was I? Oh yes, I took the liberty of inviting my buddy James, who rides a BMW K1200RS and is seen ahead of me in a number of my twisties videos. He's taken all the safety classes, including the Keith Code track school. He's also came along on the, um, delayed New Year's ride.
I'm writing because he asked if he could invite a friend of his, who rides some foo foo kinda BMW. I've ridden with that guy before, and I believe he's an experienced rider.

In either case, James will meet us on the Marin side at Hwy12/Hwy121 where we turn right onto Arnold Dr.

Jb
JB... I am not a gynecologist, but I will look into it! As for your friends.... Please bring them. I am sure they will provide us with information on your background that we can use for future posts. The more the merrier!

See you when you arrive tomorrow. Rich

Allow me to introduce you to Jerry (jwhite518), seen in this video at Infineon passing me (and everyone else) several times.

Ray, Jerry, maybe you should shoot for closer to 7 AM rendezvous at my place, so we get to their on time.... :glare:

Prerunning should be mandatory for ride planners otherwise we'll end up like a run someone planned last year that ended up in miles of gravel road construction and goat trail detours. It takes more than picking a bunch of roads from a map to end up with a ride successfull and safe ride. It also sounded like JB's hijacked run wasn't the cleanest either if I read between the lines correctly. I'm not trying to piss in anyone Wheaties here, just concerned about everyone safety, especially the Two-up's in the gravel.
First I wish I could be with you guys on the ride tomarrow but circumstances won't allow and I want to commend Dr. Rich for putting this run on. And second I have to agree with Dave on the safety factors involved with putting on these rides. I have been involved with ride planning with our CMA chapter, usually riding sweep and Dave is right there is no room for error.

And I just want to clarify (only what I know and thats not much), Ubercool led us out on a very nice route on New Years Day but unknown to him parts of the planned route got sanded for possible ice and snow the night before the ride by the local county workers.

Just goes to show you have to be ready for the unexpected and if you know an area is dangerous re-route accordingly if possible. Point is just ride your own ride and be safe so you can come home to ride another day and also might mention here "sand" on hwy. 1 which blows on to the road surfaces in the tight turns above the bluffs. Please just be safe and have fun. PM. <>< :D