Dull spot on your Exhaust??? (2006)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjsC6

Reaction score
Maybe this is old news, and maybe it's not just '06's, but I have not seen this posted before. I noticed on both pipes, back next to the welded on bracket (by the passenger foot pegs) there is a dull area. I was showing it to a friend of mine who knows a lot about metalurgy and polishing. He quickly said it's because they "spin" polish the pipes, and must do it after the bracket is welded on. So that area does not get the full polished treatment.

I recently bought some killer aluminum polish (I have polished, but un-coated allow wheels on my Corvette). I also bought a 4" air polisher with some nice thick foam pads. I went after the area on the pipes, and with about 15 minutes per side, the dull area is gone. I also did a quicky job of polisihing the entire pipes.

Here is the product I used, and a link to their website. This stuff has mild abrasives in it, so use it accordingly:

Link to web-site: https://www.topoftheline.com/magmixalpol.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip. I'm a polishing fool and love to do things like that. This winter, polished rims for sure.

:)

Latest posts