Dumped my bike this morning...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others have said, glad that YOU are okay but do keep tabs on yourself for the next 24 hours or so... sometimes you can have something internal that isn't obvious or masked by the adrenalin... take good care of yourself please. :wub:

I wasn't wearing my Klim jacket, but my scorpion mesh jacket and motoport pants look great, no rash on either of them.I think the wet road slide contributed to that.

As others have said, glad that YOU are okay but do keep tabs on yourself for the next 24 hours or so... sometimes you can have something internal that isn't obvious or masked by the adrenalin... take good care of yourself please.
wub.png
+1

and, welcome to the club....or welcome back to the club!

Sorry to hear about your incident Joe, glad you yourself weren't injured though. Would hate to see you re-injure what surgery repaired relatively not too long ago.
Your scaring me Joe!
I wouldn't consider this a minor get off considering it high sided and all. I keep wondering about getting canyon cages for my 2015. Right now any tip over for me would be disasterious.

Glad your OK,

Dave
Dave, you should definately invest in the Canyon Cages. Dropped my '15 pretty hard trying to pop the front tire up onto a 4" curb next to Central Park recently. Thought for sure I'd be finishing the IBR with a broken mirror. Only damage was a little scuffing on the mirror and absolutely nothing else.
I had Canyon Cages on my 2016. I touched the right side front cage on US 129 and it freaked me out a bit. Hard parts acting as levers and all. I'll admit I was really far over before it touched though. I put sliders on my 2017 but do have the rear bag guards on order.

Sure sorry to hear about this Joe. Just glad you weren't seriously hurt and no road rash. Good luck with sorting out the bike.

Dammit, that sucks!!

I'm hoping you let the cops show up and write a report. Diesel fuel on a wet road will fall under Comprehensive, and help your deductible. It will also make the crash a no-fault if he noted the case of the crash as diesel fuel on the road.

I doubt it's totaled, but that's gonna be 'spensive to fix.

Dammit, that sucks!!I'm hoping you let the cops show up and write a report. Diesel fuel on a wet road will fall under Comprehensive, and help your deductible. It will also make the crash a no-fault if he noted the case of the crash as diesel fuel on the road.

I doubt it's totaled, but that's gonna be 'spensive to fix.
Thanks, AJ...No police report, but on recommendation from my insurer I did get pictures of the street, but it was a couple hours after the crash, and street and diesel had dried up some.

Last edited by a moderator: