DYNA WHAT???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xharleyrider

Reaction score
Maybe some of you have heard of this product called Dyna Beads? They are beads used in place of weights for your tires. I normally don't like to write on products on here but I thought I have to tell you about these beads:)

For several months now I have been having some mid range speed shimmy on my bike. I have tried a couple new tires with very little change. I even had my last tire checked again to see if possible the tech may of messed up! But nope, same ole thing especially in corners. I then came across this product and starting reading on up on it. I thought what the hell; so I found a local distributor in my neck of the woods and gave him a call. He told me that he has been selling this product now for a couple of years and has not had one return with a complaint. The only complaint he hears is from the customers asking why did I not do this sooner!

I put the small beads and i mean small 1 ounce or 28gms in the front tire and 2 ounces in the rear tire and took it for a spin. I still left the weights on just in case for some stange reason my shimmy got worse. Hard to believe this but no more shimmy!!! :yahoo: I then took the weights off the front and rear tire and took a 600 mile round trip to Hot Springs, AR. I have to tell you the bike handled exceptionaly well in the corners and straight aways at all speeds. The cost is $5.00 per oz......

Here is the web site if your interested: www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

Didn't MCN do a review of Dyna Beads a few years ago and didn't recommend their use? I can't remember their reasons, but I remembered being dissappointed because they sounded like a good idea.

xharley,

I have use them and they are remarkable and reusable. Just would not use any liquid No Flat substance with them for they would probably cake up.

It's just too easy to balance a wheel to bother with those things. Pick up (or make your own) Parnes type balancer. You'll be amazed at just how sensitive those things are. And you'll get to spend more quality time with your bike.