dyno

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badisbad13

Reaction score
dyno my fjr back in july

max power

127.1 @ 7997 rpm

max torque

88.6 ft*lb @ 7031 rpm

air temp.*f

humidity%

23%

pressure

28.9 inhg

mph

for any body wants to know

Don

Where in the world do you find 101 degrees and 23 percent humidity in Ohio in July??? Are you sure about those numbers?

Gary

darksider #44

Pressure was damn low too. Average is 29.92 but that varies on the weather. Maybe no ventilation in the dyno room with the heat.

The pressure of 28.9 seems low but not totally unusual. BTW 29.92", 15 deg Centigrade at sea level is considered a "standard" atmosphere. Its used as a basis for evaluating engine performance amoung other things. The 101 F deg temp is a huge temp deviation above "standard" so if your numbers were corrected for a standard atmosphere they would be much higher. 127 HP at the rear in that hot temp sounds pretty good to me. Sure would like to read other dyno results or a link to an appropriate thread.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since it's common that most dynos read a couple percent or more different from eachother, and almost every stock FJR I've seen ranges from 119-127hp and tq in the high 80s on a dynojet setup, our engines seem very consistent. If you're interested in more hp I'll tell you that the Muzzy full system adds a noticeable amount above 4krpm up to redline. Search for airbox mods if you want to read about dyno stories and results when people search for more hp.