Easy footpeg installation on Wild Bill's brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toynut

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was looking for a pair of good looking, yet longer than stock, footpegs to complement my forward-mounted bracket kit. I have previously installed Kuryakin pegs on peg extensions on the rear (wife loves them).

A matching pair up front would have been nice, but, they were a bit thick to fold up properly, and most importantly, too narrow for my needs (13EEE).

I happened to come upon a set of Emgo folding footpegs with gold(not too gay) Yamaha inserts.

The kit part # is 50-85404, and is designed to clamp up to tubular crashbars.

I didn't use the clamps and they work perfectly. I had to buy a couple of 1 inch X 24 thread SAE bolt (chrome or stainless) to mount them to the plates, as well as a couple of star washers (per Bill's instructions). I also installed a small spring (wave) washer between the peg boss and the inside of the footpegs so as to add some preload friction to keep them from accidentally unfolding.

As you can see they look pretty good and have a small "hook" on the end of each peg to keep your boots from sliding off.

Rider's view of pegs:

Miscmixedpics005-1.jpg

Left side:

Miscmixedpics006.jpg

Left side folded:

Miscmixedpics007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: