Elkins WV Oct 20-24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bockelrider

Reaction score
Any thoughts on good roads, places to eat or things to see?

Looking at the map It looks like a great place to ride.

I am riding with two friends and would welcome anyone to join us.

Any thoughts on good roads, places to eat or things to see?Looking at the map It looks like a great place to ride.

I am riding with two friends and would welcome anyone to join us.
PM me with your email address and I will send you some gpx routes we used in previous EOM out of Lewisburg, which is a little further south.

Steve,

A group of us will be in Marlinton at the Old Clark Inn that weekend. If you don't have to be in Elkins the OCI is a great place and is south on 219 from Elkins. We will be heading home on the 20th. As for roads and sites in the area, well, there are just a few...219, 20, 33, 28, Back Mountain Rd., Smoke hole Road, 250, 72, 150, Williams River Rd., Cass Railroad, 66, Snowshoe, Green Bank radio telescope, Seneca Rocks.

I stayed in Elkins on the way home from EOM this year. I normally stay at the Super 8 when I'm in Elkins, but they were full so I went across the street to a place that I think was called the Iron Road Inn. It is a nice clean place with nicer rooms than the Super 8 and very motorcycle friendly. They gave us a discount for arriving by motorcycle.

We found a couple of college bars on Davis Ave. It is quite a walk from the hotel, but was worth it for the beer and pub food.

Hey Bob, don't forget Howard's Lick Rd. Bockel, It runs from Moorefield, WV thru Lost River State Park. If you ride it, ride it from west to east & not vice versa. It's definitely not a beat feet road... but a beautiful ride that is very technical in places.

& I highly recommend that you check out Smokehole Rd. That's one of the better roads in the area IMO.

I'm going to be up the road with Bob & the Old Clark Gang that will be leaving for home on the 20th.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

I will not be in the area on the 20th until about 3:00Pm so i guess i will miss you.

Ride safe!