EOM '11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first EOM. VBG Reservations made for a room and vacation dates turned in. My wife and I will be riding up from Fort Lauderdale. Leaving on Wednesday morning and plan on arriving Thursday afternoon. She will be on her 06 VFR Interceptor, unless she gets a new FJR although she really wants a new VFR 1200, (I am trying) and I will be on an 06 FJR Darksider Edition. Definitely lookig forward to meeting new friends and seeing a couple old ones.

Reservations made!! Just a word to the wise, if you like barbecue, there is a place called Sonny's thats about 20 min. from the lodge. Its awsome!! :cheff:

That is a great area. I've been down there many times camping and canoeing. Sorry I'll miss it though. My bike will be in storage and I'll be on plane heading back to Iraq during that time. You guys (and gals) have fun. Maybe I'll be able to make it for the 2013 ride (yes, going for 400 days). When I get back I might have to give my '05 to my wife and buy myself a new one.

That is a great area. I've been down there many times camping and canoeing. Sorry I'll miss it though. My bike will be in storage and I'll be on plane heading back to Iraq during that time. You guys (and gals) have fun. Maybe I'll be able to make it for the 2013 ride (yes, going for 400 days). When I get back I might have to give my '05 to my wife and buy myself a new one.
Hey Kevin, thanks for your service...wish you didn't have to go.

Maybe sometime before you go, in the summer maybe, if you want to meet up for a southern Indiana ride...one of the Indiana FJR riders can organize a meet.

I'd like to meet you and buy you a beer before you head out.

There's lots of military and ex-military FJR riders...and though I'm not one, I sure appreciate the sacrifice you and your wife make.

Maybe sometime before you go, in the summer maybe, if you want to meet up for a southern Indiana ride...one of the Indiana FJR riders can organize a meet.

There's lots of military and ex-military FJR riders...and though I'm not one, I sure appreciate the sacrifice you and your wife make.
That would be great, though my time is very limited (pre-deployement training takes up a lot of time). I should have a week at the first of July. I'll have to figure out how to add friends on here.

That would be great, though my time is very limited (pre-deployement training takes up a lot of time). I should have a week at the first of July. I'll have to figure out how to add friends on here.
+1

I'm not far (Georgetown Ky) maybe can get together for a ride 4th of July weekend lots of people on the road but traffic on back roads usually sparse even on holiday weekends.

I have a couple of questions. I saw mention of registration fees somewhere on here. What are the fees? I haven't seen anything like an agenda or anything other than where the meet is and prices for lodging.

I'm about 200 miles away and think it would be great to meet fellow FJR riders. Is there a site anywhere about this?

Let me know.

Thanks

The reservations are set. Thursday-Sunday. The wife and I are looking forward to the get away. Thanks to Extrememarine :clapping: for heading things up this year. We’ll see everyone in September :yahoo: .

BullBCX

The reservations are set. Thursday-Sunday. The wife and I are looking forward to the get away.
It's great to see the chatter and interest in EOM so early in the year; it's sure to get a great time.

Thanks to Extrememarine for heading things up this year.
Thank you. I'm just the public whipping boy. Let me tell you, there is a whole crew of people working behind the scenes to make this happen; they are the individuals that I ask you & everyone take the time to thank in person in September.

Last edited by a moderator: