EOM 2014 - Maggie Valley - 26-28 Sept 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an awesome week. Had training classes for work on Mon-Tue and took the rest of the week off to ride and EOM. Weather forecast was a persistent joke, but Friday and Saturday sure turned out to be some of the best weather we've seen at EOM in a long time.

It was good to see everyone. On a very personal note... it's still very difficult for me to attend EOM. The absence of Grumpy looms heavy on my mind almost every time I ride, but never more so than at EOM.

THANK YOU to everyone who organized and put forth so much effort to make another EOM possible.

Cav47 - Sorry, your remarks, sarcastic or not, are offensive and disrespectful in my opinion. It's a slap in the face to the individuals who spent countless hours making calls, sending emails, transporting,etc. the items that were given away.
Wayne
That's not the only thing disrespectful or rude he said last weekend. Unfortunately, my wife was the recipient of one of his comments that he probably thought was supposed to be sarcasm. Some topics and situations are not appropriate for just anyone to make snide remarks.

Sarcasm is an art form. It should not be attempted by amateurs. If it's not funny or easily recognizable, you're doing it wrong. Just my $.02.

Sarcasm is an art form. It should not be attempted by amateurs. If it's not funny or easily recognizable, you're doing it wrong. Just my $.02.
We enjoyed meeting you at the group dinner Saturday. Hope you were able to enjoy your food while it was still warm since you were kept talking for so long!

Vic? He's the quiet type! :)

As far as sarcasm, I think some n00bs on here see some of the banter that the veterans throw back and forth, and maybe try to fit in quickly by doing the same. I wasn't there, so I won't speak about that situation in particular.

I look forward to making it next year, and meeting some/most of you all. I hope everyone is posting their ideas/wants for 2015 in the other thread created for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
From her, the Navy brat: "Bless the Chair Force. Without them there'd be a whole lot less air conditioned based in the world!"

We enjoyed meeting you at the group dinner Saturday. Hope you were able to enjoy your food while it was still warm since you were kept talking for so long!
I enjoyed the conversation. Don't worry, the food was plenty warm. If some one is interested in what I did in the Navy, I can't stop talking either. It made my day! :D

Mikep1300 and I are still enjoying it. We are about 2000 miles in now, but are heading in the direction of home. Camping tonite in Fall Creek Falls state park near crossville, Tennessee. Rain heading toward us tommorow so we will likely grab a hotel room tomorrow for our last night

This is my 7th bike tour of the appilacia. Without a doubt I am convinced that the farther one gets from Deals Gap, the better the riding gets. We wandered through southwest Virginia yesterday and northeast Tennessee today. I ain't gonna lie, it was awesome.

Not too many pictures this trip. I will throw together a ride report but you may prime it a tad weak. We'll see

Stay thirsty my friends

Find it a tad weak. I can't peck the phone to well

Find it a tad weak. I can't peck the phone to well

Sorry I missed all the fun this year. Will not happen next year. All ride safe getting home. Too much happening here to make the trip.

Has a date been set for next year yet?
Same here Jim. I would love to make it next year! Maybe they can just come up with a firm date, before the end of the year, and then pick a locale sometime later. I would love for Steve to make this too...I think that Brit would love it!
EOM normally takes place the 3rd weekend in September. This year the 3rd weekend coincided with NAFO in Lacrosse... so, organizer Wayne made an executive decision to move the date a week ahead so that people could attend both. That is the only reason that EOM wasn't the 3rd weekend of September as it normally is. Make your plans accordingly next year. See you then.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a very personal note... it's still very difficult for me to attend EOM. The absence of Grumpy looms heavy on my mind almost every time I ride, but never more so than at EOM.
THANK YOU to everyone who organized and put forth so much effort to make another EOM possible.
I also miss Grumpy.

& I thank everyone for a good assed time.

Sorry I missed all the fun this year. Will not happen next year. All ride safe getting home. Too much happening here to make the trip.

Has a date been set for next year yet?
Same here Jim. I would love to make it next year! Maybe they can just come up with a firm date, before the end of the year, and then pick a locale sometime later. I would love for Steve to make this too...I think that Brit would love it!
EOM normally takes place the 3rd weekend in September. This year the 3rd weekend coincided with NAFO in Lacrosse... so, organizer Wayne made an executive decision to move the date a week ahead so that people could attend both. That is the only reason that EOM wasn't the 3rd weekend of September as it normally is. Make your plans accordingly next year. See you then.
Thanks, will plan for the 3rd week.