EOM 2015 - Lewisburg, WV - 25-27 September 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a quick pit stop in Lewisburg, WV Monday on our way back from speedy Illinois weekend trip and the weather was WONDERFULLY COLD!!!! dress warm people!!! FALL is here and them mountains be CHILLLLY!!
bike.gif
small bit o construction in the area as well.... c yaLL in 9 days!!!!!! (Mrs. m&m)
What is with all this cold weather? It won't be Fall until next Monday! Riding through the Virginia mountains with temperatures in the mid 40s the other night showed I made a packing mistake for this trip.

Hey is there anyone passing thru NJ on their way to EOM who could stop at my place and pickup some cold weather gear for me? I'm going to need it when I leave the flat lands of Jawjah.

Fall actually begins next Wednesday -- BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!! :D

New tires- on and ready.Oil and filter- changed and clean.

.....Rear brake pads look like they might need replaced.

Now just need to pack:

Throw the garage/bike stuff in one saddlebag. Throw the pantry in the trunk. Throw my closet in the dry bag. That leaves one saddlebag for the edible alcohol. Sounds like a plan!!

I am leaving on Wednesday morning. Slabbing it to Robbinsville, NC to play around in the area for the afternoon and evening. (I was told I missed some great roads when I was down there last summer.) Thursday will be spent twisting it up to Lewisburg. See y'all then!!

Let's do this!!!
Whoever told you that is so very right. We head to Robbinsville often. We were just there Sunday, actually. LOVE LOVE LOVE Robbinsville. You will have a blast! Have you been to Deals Gap? If not, go. :) See you there! Looks like we are going to head out dark and early on Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday after work for whatever reason. I wanted more riding time. OH well.

Tom,
Meg and I will be leaving Pittsburgh on Thursday morning.

As of now, I am going to take 79 to 33 (Elkins) then 219 into Lewisburg. The other idea was taking 20 to 60 into Lewisburg.

If the timing works, you're welcome to join us.
I like Joe's route with Tyler from Cave Rock, WV to Lewisburg. I think I'll take 119 to Cave Rock and avoid most of the slab. I would pick up Turnpike 66 south which is right near Murrysville at US 22, and just ride to to Morgantown where the fun begins. Lots of good choices, but I probably have a fair chance of meeting up with folks along that route. https://tinyurl.com/nnln3xk

Joe, if the stars align, I may find you along that way as well. I think you have my phone. Are you doing that Thursday? That is a long trip from Ohio with the back-tracking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Headed out Wed morning from SE FL. I was going to meet up with Wheaton for Thursday's ride up... but now I need a new plan. Been so busy I haven't had a chance to even look at a map. Cannonball run out of the flat-lands on day one and then just set the GPS to avoid highways on day two is the fall back at this point but I think I can do better.
Ken, there are a few other riders heading up to EOM from Florida...or find someone on the attendee list that you might know, and PM them...or not. See you next Thursday
Yah... I'm thinking something like Parkland, FL to Spartanburg on Wednesday and Spartanburg to Lewisburg on Thursday like this:

https://goo.gl/maps/6aldS

Anyone in?
Chivvary, Staintune007 and I are meeting up on Wednesday in Sanford FL at the intersection of SR46 and FL415 at the crack of 9(ish) and we plan to ride to Columbia, SC and bed down. We plan to ride to Lewisburg on Thursday. That's a 700(ish) mile trip for you on Wednesday. Your ass is tougher than mine. If you can make Sanford by 9 you can join us. Is Spartanburg set in stone for you on Wednesday night? We have non refundable rooms in Columbia just off I77. We're going all slab going up. I95-I26-I77. I'll do the scenic routes during the EOM. Gotta slab it back too. Chime in if that works for you.

Headed out Wed morning from SE FL. I was going to meet up with Wheaton for Thursday's ride up... but now I need a new plan. Been so busy I haven't had a chance to even look at a map. Cannonball run out of the flat-lands on day one and then just set the GPS to avoid highways on day two is the fall back at this point but I think I can do better.
Ken, there are a few other riders heading up to EOM from Florida...or find someone on the attendee list that you might know, and PM them...or not. See you next Thursday
Yah... I'm thinking something like Parkland, FL to Spartanburg on Wednesday and Spartanburg to Lewisburg on Thursday like this:

Anyone in?
Chivvary, Staintune007 and I are meeting up on Wednesday in Sanford FL at the intersection of SR46 and FL415 at the crack of 9(ish) and we plan to ride to Columbia, SC and bed down. We plan to ride to Lewisburg on Thursday. That's a 700(ish) mile trip for you on Wednesday. Your ass is tougher than mine. If you can make Sanford by 9 you can join us. Is Spartanburg set in stone for you on Wednesday night? We have non refundable rooms in Columbia just off I77. We're going all slab going up. I95-I26-I77. I'll do the scenic routes during the EOM. Gotta slab it back too. Chime in if that works for you.
No, not set in stone at all. Don't even have a hotel reservation for Wed night anywhere. Yeah, it's a long day on Wednesday but it was intended to get me some twisty time on Thursday instead of straight slab up. What about something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/Z5T4N for Thursday instead of just slab? Sanford is only about 3.5 hours away so leaving here at 5:30 is doable.

Tom,

As of now, I am going to take 79 to 33 (Elkins) then 219 into Lewisburg. The other idea was taking 20 to 60 into Lewisburg.

I like Joe's route with Tyler from Cave Rock, WV to Lewisburg. I think I'll take 119 to Cave Rock and avoid most of the slab. I would pick up Turnpike 66 south which is right near Murrysville at US 22, and just ride to to Morgantown where the fun begins. Lots of good choices, but I probably have a fair chance of meeting up with folks along that route. https://tinyurl.com/nnln3xk

Joe, if the stars align, I may find you along that way as well. I think you have my phone. Are you doing that Thursday? That is a long trip from Ohio with the back-tracking.
yes Thursday...it'll be a 5.5 hr ride to Sutton, to meet Tyler at 1:00, it's 30 miles up to Weston, then it's a 4 hr ride down to the Quality Inn, Lewisburg. So we should be there in time for Happy Hour.

Tom,

my Plan B is the same as your route from Rock Cave to Lewisburg. I don't have an easy way around morning traffic to Morgantown, hence the 79S.

we may see you out there.

Cool Beanz, Chivvalry. There are hotels all over the place where we're staying. That routes of yours on Thursday looks Right up my alley. This is going to be fun. I'll PM you so we can swap cell phone numbers.

Address of the meeting point is:

4115 E 25th St

Sanford, Fl 32771

Address of the hotel in Columbia is:

Holiday Inn

8105 Two Notch Road

Columbia, SC.

Use the hotel address to find a room in the area. Talk Soon. :)

Anyone in?
Looks good...but if you can, enjoy 16 north of 58 up to Tazewell...

Have fun y'all.
and don't forget 58 East out of Damascus going to 16!

Tom,

Pretty much our plan. Leaving early Thur.

Maybe we'll c u guys on the way down.

Safe rides.

While going through my photos from the 2013 EOM I found the following photos of highway pegs mounted on an FJR. They are not your typical installation and I though I'd like to get a set. I know when I took the photos I wanted to talk to the FJR owner who had them but never found out who that was.

Does anyone recognize these pegs and know whose motor they are attached to or where I can purchase these pegs? If so, please reply with details and not just yes/no.
embarrassed.gif

Thanks!

Left side, extended

Highway%20Peg%20Left%20side%20extended_zpszaxcd0eg.jpg

Right side, extended

Highway%20Peg%20Right%20side%20extended_zpsc34dlbhm.jpg

Left side, folded

Highway%20Peg%20Left%20side%20folded_zpsjpv38ai7.jpg

Right side, folded

Highway%20Peg%20Right%20side%20folded_zpsubcd2uhy.jpg

Left side, mount

Highway%20Peg%20Left%20side%20mount_zpsrqf6qonh.jpg

Right side, mount

Highway%20Peg%20Right%20side%20mount_zps1vabzu8f.jpg

Those are Kuryakan pegs. Looks real nice but, they are low and for straight roads. Any twisties what so ever will have you touching asphalt with metal all day long.

Not mine but I have a set. I bought them from an inmate. They are Wild Bill highway peg mount with Kuryakin extension elbow and large Kuryakin ISO pegs. I paid $120, he said they were about $200 new.

Not mine but I have a set. I bought them from an inmate. They are Wild Bill highway peg mount with Kuryakin extension elbow and large Kuryakin ISO pegs. I paid $120, he said they were about $200 new.
Are you sure about the mounting? All the photos I've seen of Will Bill Highway Peg Mounts puts the pegs at the trailing edge of the fairing and these pegs are mounted through slots in the fairing.

We are leaving Wednesday morning and most likely staying over in Harrisburg PA. Arriving Thursday. Willing to meet up for the second leg with other folks if interested.
Dave
Dave,

Wife and I live just a few miles south of Harrisburg. After she drops our son off at work we were planning on heading out, likely around 0700. Our plan calls for a flower sniffing ride down using mostly secondary roads with minimal slab. I do want to stop for 2 Tour of Honor locations on the way. You're welcome to tag along with us if this works for you. PM me if interested and I'll give you cell number and address if you need anything Wednesday night.

Still planning on breakfast at Curley's Family Restaurant Watkins Glen NYLunch at the Hanger 9 in Lockhaven PA (after a fun ride down 144 and 44)

Pre-kickoff party at the Econolodge LaVale MD
Can I turn down Hangar 9 for lunch? I'm not sure I can. I've got 3 fronts to work on this one. Madmudder, who I'm supposed to ride with Thursday, The Big Boss Man, and the Little Boss Lady, both who have cleared me for a Thursday a.m. KSU. Let's see if I can work some magic.
Jon, if you can make Weds AM work, let me know... we'll conform some to help meet your ride. Maybe we can re-arrange the breakfast diner as our meet-up, but more northerly (instead of Watkins Glen). This could work well for Wine Guy also.

Not going to happen, KJ. Boss Man would have agreed, Boss Lady says I should go, and Tim is willing to change the plan. However, I just joined a floor hockey league, and next Wednesday is only the second game. I committed to that, so I gotta follow through. Though after the first game last night, I don't know how many games it will take to actually kill me, but I think it might only be 2.

https://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Lewisburg+WV+24901:4:US Weather forecast looks great for EOM, 30 degrees cooler than Phoenix ese! JSNS, Don and Donna will take it eh!
https://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Lewisburg+WV+24901:4:US Weather forecast looks great for EOM, 30 degrees cooler than Phoenix ese! JSNS, Don and Donna will take it eh!
That is some sweeeet riding weather, Papa Chuy!! :D

Not going to happen, KJ. Boss Man would have agreed, Boss Lady says I should go, and Tim is willing to change the plan. However, I just joined a floor hockey league, and next Wednesday is only the second game. I committed to that, so I gotta follow through. Though after the first game last night, I don't know how many games it will take to actually kill me, but I think it might only be 2.
Well if you decide today or tomorrow it only took one game let us know
help.gif

Latest posts