EOM 2016 - Wytheville Virginia on September 22-25, 2016 - Ramada Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived about 6:30pm after a great day of riding some 360 miles of fine Appalachian roads.

Enjoyed the chitchat out front...haven't seen petey or Smitty yet. Hope to see then tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I had to cancel on EOM due to a work commitment that I couldn't get out of. I still was able to take a couple of days to ride down to Fairmont WV on Wednesday and then headed back home on Thursday. Met up with KJ, Debbie and Rick at CHEF 117 in Bradford. What a gem. Upscale food, great service and one of the best bathrooms I have ever seen in a small town restaurant! :)

I had the Caprese omelette filled with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and drizzled with a sweet balsamic reduction. Ice water was served with a slice of cucumber. Not your run-of-the-mill breakfast!

IMG_6498.jpg

The rest of the food was AWESOME! Everyone wanted to capture the moment!

IMG_6500.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

A pretty happy group! We love our food! Left to right - Me (Mike / Wine Guy), Rick (Pura Vida), KJ (Top_Speed_1) and Debbie (Shooz)

IMG_6501.jpg

A pic of the crew that hung out at Fairmont WV getting ready to head out to EOM on a foggy Thursday morning. Left to right - Bker Chuck & Mona, Graytaz, Rick and KJ. Debbie was not too far behind.

IMG_6522.jpg

Unfortunately this is where we parted ways as the group waved and headed south down to EOM.

IMG_6525.jpg

I headed north back home at 9am. Arrived in Ontario at 6pm with only 2 brief gas stops along the way. It was only a couple of days but they were fun (as always).

Have a great time at EOM everyone! Looking forward to hearing all about it! (and Tim, don't forget my shirt)! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a nice banquet room. I see some silly looking shirts there. Is that FYB wearing the big flowers?
tonguesmiley.gif

And the hits just keep onnnnnn comin'!

So after all that effort to rent a van and load the FJR into it last night, the damn van breaks down on 19 and we're stuck at an Exxon station near Hico, WV. Uhaul will likely come and tow us to a nearby Ford dealer and they will fix the van in the morning. It's apparently a known issue with the throttle bodies and is a 20 minute fix if the part is in stock.

Yee haw.

So now Laura and I are at the Uhaul dealer in Beckley. Uhaul is supposed to be making hotel reservations for us at their contracted partner, La Quinta. From what I can tell with a quick web search, the closest LQ is back up past where we broke down, up in Sumnersville. I am really hoping they are not going to have us shipped up there only to have us shipped back down here tomorrow. Not feeling warm and fuzzy, but I'll wait till they call me back before getting too steamed.

So we're moving forward again. Uhaul box truck pulling FJR on ramp trailer. More later.

And the hits just keep onnnnnn comin'!
So after all that effort to rent a van and load the FJR into it last night, the damn van breaks down on 19 and we're stuck at an Exxon station near Hico, WV. Uhaul will likely come and tow us to a nearby Ford dealer and they will fix the van in the morning. It's apparently a known issue with the throttle bodies and is a 20 minute fix if the part is in stock.

Yee haw.
Brother, you used up all of your bad luck for the year. Things are bound to get better. Here's hoping that the rest of the trip went smoothly...