EOM Ride routes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaholic

Reaction score
If I've missed this, feel free to poke fun, and hopefully a link!

Are there specific routes planned for the event? Post 'em if you got 'em!

Someone "official" will chime in here I'm sure...but as I am understanding it...some route packages will be handed out. I have some roads I know I want to ride...I'm sure the organizers will hit 'em.

Thanks, Mark. I figured it would go something like what you've described.

I don't need the route in advance. Just want to make sure there will be some suggested routes to take when we get there. I know the N and NE portion of the state pretty well, but not so much the S and SE. Looking forward to hitting some new roads and of course, must go to Smoke Hole road!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey wheatonFJR. Do you mind sharing some of the good routes you know? I'm not familiar with the area and would like to have something in my back pocket in case they don't come through with official routes.

Hey wheatonFJR. Do you mind sharing some of the good routes you know? I'm not familiar with the area and would like to have something in my back pocket in case they don't come through with official routes.
Don't worry...the organizers have promised and I trust 'em. They'll come through!

However, if you are curious...look at a previous thread on possible EOM routes started in February...

I'm not a local...but I do have a WV Gazetteer and can read. :) (When I have my glasses)

I wont be able to make it until Friday noonish or very early afternoon but if there are things to be printed (progrmas, lists, maps, routes, etc....)I can run them (color or mono) and bring them with me.

Maps and or gps files ahead of time who be great for those of us (anal) people that like to program and review ahead of time.

Both maps and gps files are being planned. Once the files are up, I plan on asking each individual to print their own mapping. Otherwise, one of us would be taxed with printing 6 routes for something like 110 bikes. In light of that, I plan on asking each person to print their own info. I will definitely let you know when the info is up & ready for downloading from the website.

Heidi

Both maps and gps files are being planned. Once the files are up, I plan on asking each individual to print their own mapping. Otherwise, one of us would be taxed with printing 6 routes for something like 110 bikes. In light of that, I plan on asking each person to print their own info. I will definitely let you know when the info is up & ready for downloading from the website.
Heidi
I'm leaving for CFR September 7th...will the routes be up before September 5th? Please....

Not sure Mark. If they aren't, I'll at least make a set of route prints for you & bring them with me.

Heidi
I could print 600+ pages and bring them with me, no biggie if I have the files to print. I wont be down until mid-Friday, maybe Friday afternoon around 2pm depending on when we can get out of here. It's 300 miles to VA and I would like to leave at 7am. worse case, I can print the "packets" for the Saturday/Sunday rides and anything else that needs to be printed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the route descriptions from Jim Meadows and I'll be creating GPX route files for uploading and PDF files for printing this weekend. Should have them posted by Monday.

If for some reason I fail to meet the deadline, Heidi will fire me and get someone more competent to Git-R-Done.

Recently torn out sections of wall in my house and installed new floors this past weekend. I should have a place to sit down at the computer and work by this coming weekend. At least I finally found another use for those kneepads besides begging a woman for forgiveness.

:)

Jeff

Jim sent me 2 routes I'm looking at for a 2-up ride. I have one already mapped and am working thru that pile of steaming crap program to produce the second. If there is somewhere to post them - and someone can tell me how to link to, or post a Garmin route file - I'll be more than happy to post the one I have and the second once I'm done.

I have the route descriptions from Jim Meadows and I'll be creating GPX route files for uploading and PDF files for printing this weekend. Should have them posted by Monday.
If for some reason I fail to meet the deadline, Heidi will fire me and get someone more competent to Git-R-Done.

Recently torn out sections of wall in my house and installed new floors this past weekend. I should have a place to sit down at the computer and work by this coming weekend. At least I finally found another use for those kneepads besides begging a woman for forgiveness.

Jeff
After 44 years of being hitched, I don't even need kneepads anymore!

Jim

Jeff

Jim

44 years! There has to be some sort of prize or medal or something for that. :p

Jeff

Jim
So did she just get used to your shit or did she just stop caring?