EOM Week 2011 - Kentucky or bust!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! didn't we talk about not making fun of my Feej ?! :p
Not making fun. We're just a lot different in size is all. (good thing for you! ;) )

Fred I guess I missed that...followed her for a while on the Bluegrass ride...all I could notice was the LED brake light that you mounted for her...I needs me one of those.
Yeah, those things are great, aren't they? Put one on my Man-strom too.

Best $70 I've spent on the bikes.

Most excellent adventure for sure. Thanks for chauffeuring TMJ so she can get all the great pic's.

As usual great report.

See ya tomorrow.

Great RR! Thanks for taking the time to share it.

What Lodge is this?

IMG_1433.jpg

Great RR! Thanks for taking the time to share it.

What Lodge is this?

IMG_1433.jpg
That was the view off the back deck / patio of the Dupont Lodge (main lodging facility) at the Cumberland Falls State Park.

In the evenings there was a whole bunch of Racoons that would hang around down on the hillside just below that railing waiting for handouts. Kind of pathetic, in a way, that these "wild" animals had been so corrupted by the human park visitors.

The people dining in the restaurant (located underneath this deck) had a picture window view of the little beggars in action.

Here's what the lodge looks like from the front:

dupont_lodge1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Fred, great RR. You could not have pick a better place on the EggRolls ride to go back for gas. I'll always remember the attack dogs in that yard. :grin:

It was a pleasure to meet TMJ and you as well. I thought that ride was one of the best ever. Glad to hear a similar thought. Hopefully our paths will cross again.

Maybe Castlegar?

Dave

Fred, Dag Nab It (that is Appalachian American), you were 10 miles from my house when you stayed at the Jameson. Then when you hit I-81 off of I-26 starting the next morning, you rode by within sight of my house. So you know where I live. You got no reason to not come back. See you here or there one of these days.

Great write up. CC

Fred, Dag Nab It (that is Appalachian American), you were 10 miles from my house when you stayed at the Jameson. Then when you hit I-81 off of I-26 starting the next morning, you rode by within sight of my house. So you know where I live. You got no reason to not come back. See you here or there one of these days.

Great write up. CC
So....had we known that ....we could have bunked at your place ? AND eaten your groceries ? :D

Wow Fred, great RR. You could not have pick a better place on the EggRolls ride to go back for gas. I'll always remember the attack dogs in that yard. :grin:

It was a pleasure to meet TMJ and you as well. I thought that ride was one of the best ever. Glad to hear a similar thought. Hopefully our paths will cross again.

Maybe Castlegar?

Dave
Thanks, Dave. Glad you enjoyed it (both the ride and the report).

Castlegar is (still) on our long distance radar screen.

After the CFR Maritimes rally this year, I was totally sold on making that trip happen next year, come hell or highwater, and to wrap a few National Parks visits into a big continental loop. However, the rest of the family has certain other ideas on ways to spend our limited vacation time (and money) together, so let's say that it is still "being discussed". ;)

In any case, I'll bet there will be another EOM next year too. ;)

Great write up. CC
Well durn blast it (how am I doing with the App American?),

We didn't realize we were so close to y'all. Next time we'll make plans to at least meet up, even if it isn't to crash your place. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Great write up. CC
So....had we known that ....we could have bunked at your place ? AND eaten your groceries ? :D

You betchum. You bring the pumpkins, though (snicker). CC