Experience w/TourMaster Adventure-gel gloves?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beacher

Reaction score
I'm looking for opinions from any of you guys that have tried these gloves. I saw some at the local bike store and tried them on, and they felt pretty good, and I'm wondering how they are in warmer weather. I found a couple of opinions on sales sites that said something about shoddy construction and thin leather at the cuffs, but thought I'd run this by you guys, since most of the opinions were pretty positive. . . Thanks in advance!

Tourmaster stuff I find hit or miss as far as quality. I have a pair of Gel gloves not from Tourmasters and I like them, the gel seems to lessen vibration, what little the FJR has. I am using the Lee Parks deer/Elk skin now Lee Parks Gloves and they are so comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tourmaster stuff I find hit or miss as far as quality. I have a pair of Gel gloves not from Tourmasters and I like them, the gel seems to lessen vibration, what little the FJR has. I am using the Lee Parks deer/Elk skin now Lee Parks Gloves and they are so comfortable.
I got the Lee Parks and they are very comfy but I found after a 120 mile ride that my right hand had numb/de-enervation issues. Suspected that it was the lack of padding in the palm of the gloves, coupled with taking the weight on my hands (esp. in stops) that led to it (I invite analyses, by the way, on this). So I'm trying to go back to more off-the-shelf gloves that have some palm padding -- so far, right hand seems better off. Whether it's technique (I've concentrated on using thighs on tank during stops, and using Master Yoda Riding Position while riding) or the gloves, not sure.

Anyone else have thoughts about this?