Fall Foliage Ride(s)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

I don't know what crystal ball you are looking at to get your forecasts, but the forecasts I am checking have been getting progressively worse as the week continued. At least for Saturday that is.

Edit: I just checked again and it seems they revised their forecast somewhat for Saturday. 70% chance of rain mainly before 2pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,I don't know what crystal ball you are looking at to get your forecasts, but the forecasts I am checking have been getting progressively worse as the week continued. At least for Saturday that is.
There you go with the negativity again! Do i need to call the Waaaambulance?

:p

My forcast

While you were typing the above posts I had edited my previous one to reflect the new forecast. We are on the same page again.

I checked in at the Brier abut 6:00. I had a lot of fun riding down and even a few adventures.

I was dry all the way from NY until I got on 219 near the Maryland - WV border. The rain was pretty steady for a couple hours down 219. I was too stubborn to stop and put my rain gear on until it was too late. so all my gear and stuuf is hanging in my room drying. :eek: Should be good to go by morning. I hit a couple of patches of heavy fog, hence the adventures. B)

My room is all the way around the back of the building as far as you can go, so you won't see my bike in the main parking lot until I move it in the morning.

I checked in at the Brier abut 6:00. I had a lot of fun riding down and even a few adventures.
I was dry all the way from NY until I got on 219 near the Maryland - WV border. The rain was pretty steady for a couple hours down 219. I was too stubborn to stop and put my rain gear on until it was too late. so all my gear and stuuf is hanging in my room drying. :eek: Should be good to go by morning. I hit a couple of patches of heavy fog, hence the adventures. B)

My room is all the way around the back of the building as far as you can go, so you won't see my bike in the main parking lot until I move it in the morning.
It is likely we will have aour rain gear on when we leave. I am liking what I am seeing for the forecast. Glad you amde it safe. Fog sucks! See you on the road or at the Briar tomorrow night.

I woke up to the sound of rain this morning, but it stopped about 8:00. I'm getting ready to go ride the Half and Half route right after I finish my coffee. If I don't see any of you on the road then I'll see you back at the Brier later. Enjoy.

Made it home safe and sound around 6 pm. After splitting in Newcastle I rode with Jim and Greg on 609 until we split up at the intersection of Roaring Run. Greg and Jim took Roaring Run and I rode up to Eagle Rock on 43 and then up on the BRP to enjoy some more nice views.

Even with the rain on the first half of the ride on Saturday, I had a great weekend and rides. The fall colors were great and some of the best I've seen in a while.

Good seeing the usual suspects again and meeting new ones.

Let's hope we get to do this again soon.

Beth and I made it home safe Sunday evening. Really enjoyed riding with all y'all. Beth even mentioned something about doing it again next year even though her butt was thoroughly worn out. We really do need a good seat if we continue to do 1298 mile long weekends.

Beth and I made it home safe Sunday evening. Really enjoyed riding with all y'all. Beth even mentioned something about doing it again next year even though her butt was thoroughly worn out. We really do need a good seat if we continue to do 1298 mile long weekends.
Hey Nate! Great meeting you and Beth. (even though she's a Colts fan!) Seat makes a BIG difference. I have had several >1000 mile weekends here lately. could not have done it on the stock seat. Definitely will keep you posted on future rides. You guys fit right in with our motley bunch.

What make and model is that bluetooth set you have?

Jay, Sharon, Sarah, Jim & I made it back to Hampton Roads around 8:30ish. Good riding with all of my buds, again & also meeting others.

BTW... Nate, it'll be way b4 next year when the next ride happens. If you guys are inclined to come thisa' way, sure thing that you'll have ride buddies,

Heidi

And it will be after I get hand guards and heated grips!
I certainly hope this wining about hand guards & heated grips ends soon. Here is a smilie fer you since the last time that I made fun w/o a smilie, I was taken seriously: :rolleyes: