Fall Pnw Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day.

Saturday October 23rd at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system - Really want to check where the grounding points are
Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to
TBS
Valve checks
PAIR Block off installs
Minor electrical add ons and lighting
EDIT: PLease check your tools for those that attended in the Spring. Someone got my 14 mm Craftsman combination wrench mixed in with their stuff. Please bring it with you.

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, I can accomodate up to 4 in the RV. Or there are motels about 5 miles away. Please RSVP if you want to stay here.

Lunch the same as before - pizza and soda (please donate $5 to the cause), bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Campers:

Barb

feeger

El Cajone (+1)

Kasey

Attendees:

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Barb

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Barabus & Mrs.

JayH

feeger

n2osx & 1

sportsguy

JamesW

cruppelt

lowandsilent (?)

dcatwater

BBQ

MCRIDER007

El Cajone ( +1)

dustyrains

V-Steve

Kasey

phlic

lowandsilent

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I won't make it - will be in Boston. Was looking forward to meeting some of the people behind the posts, and learning a bit more about the FJR. :eek:hwell: :(

Count me in! If there's room in the rv, I'll take a spot.

If there's time, I'd like to do a tbs, pair block off and valve check.

In.

I still need to finish up wiring the fuse block I installed and get the aux lights powered, switched and working. :(

Beginning to think the fuse block is fubared... but it's most likely wonky wiring. :(

duane

Argh-that was the tentative date for my brew fest.....now I need to move that, I definitely want to get to your Techmeet again.

So I guess count me in!

Tentative in. It all depends on how well my research project is going.

I'll just need to redo some wiring in the tail section (weatherproofing), and to do a TBS.

Looking at the grounding points would be useful.

Thanks for hosting this again! :clapping:

Regretably, I will be out of town working to lower the suicidal forest rat population. All in the name of service to the FJR community. ;)

Thanks for hosting this again! :clapping: Regretably, I will be out of town working to lower the suicidal forest rat population. All in the name of service to the FJR community. ;)

Nail a dozen. A few guts shots that get away are OK too

I plan on attending, I would like to meet like minded people and do a TBS as well. I have installed a Brodie harness so I can help with spider locations...be riding home afterwards. PM sent for addess.

Sincerely,

Dave

:yahoo:

Thanks for hosting this event again! And Yes I would like to come down. Hey, if I were to buy a handlebar riser plate and rent the drill fixture to go with it would you guys help me get it installed? Oh, I could bring some real cutting oil as well.

Thanks

BBQ

Thanks for hosting this event again! And Yes I would like to come down. Hey, if I were to buy a handlebar riser plate and rent the drill fixture to go with it would you guys help me get it installed? Oh, I could bring some real cutting oil as well.

Thanks

BBQ

Thanks

BBQ
Yep, will take about an hour to do. There are several that will attend who have done a few of them now.

Since I'm already signed up, I guess that I'll get off the fence and officially commit. ;) Thanks for hosting this again Auburn!

For those still sitting on the fence and within a days ride, this is a can't miss it event. There will be 25 - 30 bikes there with a lot of shared farkle knowledge from the group...and we'll tackle just about anything short of the dreaded cruise control install. :)

--G

Since I'm already signed up, I guess that I'll get off the fence and officially commit. ;) Thanks for hosting this again Auburn!
For those still sitting on the fence and within a days ride, this is a can't miss it event. There will be 25 - 30 bikes there with a lot of shared farkle knowledge from the group...and we'll tackle just about anything short of the dreaded cruise control install. :)

--G

Yep, I think you are lined up to help feeger do his valve check

I will be there and not so gimpy I can't help. I have an older Helibar triple clamp I will post for sale one of these days - if any of this crowd wants/needs it, send me a note. Pretty easy to swap out.

Time to break out some smoked salmon, i will bring some along.

Question: Who is putting a lazy-boy in the garage for me? I could use on on casters like a shop chair. Maybe speakers in the backrest. And an ipod dock. And a drink holder. With a drink. And the Swiss bikini team serving my beverages.

I would like to attend on 2 wheels this year but will have to wait to see what if the "Pass" is going to cooperate with my schedule.

I will be there and not so gimpy I can't help. I have an older Helibar triple clamp I will post for sale one of these days - if any of this crowd wants/needs it, send me a note. Pretty easy to swap out.
Time to break out some smoked salmon, i will bring some along.

Question: Who is putting a lazy-boy in the garage for me? I could use on on casters like a shop chair. Maybe speakers in the backrest. And an ipod dock. And a drink holder. With a drink. And the Swiss bikini team serving my beverages.
The only real tough part of making this happen, that I can see, is the built in speakers. That's just a LOT of custom work. Everything else is doable... :)

Latest posts