Farkles on my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007 FJR

Reaction score
I decided to add up all the extras on my 2007 and I was surprised by the total. How many of you add this stuff on insurance for compensation?

Here's my list : Foot shields $358

Garmin 276c $615

Garmin mount $340

Power Comm. $275

HeliBar risers $340

Vstream shield $162

Frame Sliders $65

Top Box Rack $146

Givi E55 Maxia $340

Motorcycle Cruise $1050

Corbin Seats and

Backrest $840

Grand Total $4531

I flew RC airplanes for many years, including giant scale. Some of them cost $5,000 each when it's all added up. Just like with bikes, it's probably better if one doesn't ever add up how much is spent, because it's kinda frightening.

Not sure how your policy is written. Mine covers the first $3k and I can add on after that for a price. I would get it all covered since it seems relatively cheap to do so.

I decided to add up all the extras on my 2007 and I was surprised by the total. How many of you add this stuff on insurance for compensation?

Here's my list : Foot shields $358

Garmin 276c $615

Garmin mount $340

<snippage>

Grand Total $4531
Howdy,

On my ST1100, I did up the accessory coverage. And, when it was totaled, it paid off. The bike was 13 years old, in great shape, and had been repainted only 3 years prior. But, end of day, it was a 13 year-old bike that wouldn't have sold for $4K on the sunniest of days<g>. So, when they added it all up and wrote a check for $6,250, I wasn't happy, but it didn't hurt as bad.

With my FJR, I've only just begun. I don't recall exactly, but I believe Progressive's default accessory coverage (now included), is $1,600. If I hit the high-water mark, I'll look to bump it up. An extra ~$20-40/yr is a small price to pay.

One thought about your Garmin. Mine is insured with a separate electronics rider (no deductible) for my residence. Costs ~$8/year. Key point, since it is insured separate of a vehicle, it is not subject to a deductible--and--I can move it from vehicle to vehicle. If you use it in your car, it may not be covered, and you'll be subject to whatever your FJR's deductible may be. Might be worth talking w/you agent about changing things if available to you.

Cheers,

JT...

I flew RC airplanes for many years, including giant scale. Some of them cost $5,000 each when it's all added up. Just like with bikes, it's probably better if one doesn't ever add up how much is spent, because it's kinda frightening.
Ditto on the RC planes. I built and crashed more planes than I would like to admit. Nobody was injured in the process. Now I am all electric park flyers(much cheaper).

Not sure how your policy is written. Mine covers the first $3k and I can add on after that for a price. I would get it all covered since it seems relatively cheap to do so.

Mine will cover the first $2000, but after you add shipping and installation to all the stuff it gets very pricey. I think I will add the extra coverage. Thank you everyone for the replies.

Progressive automatically covers the first $3,000 of accessories.

Dude! $340 for a Garmin mount? $840 for a backrest? You need to become a better shopper! :D