Favorite Motorcycling Quotes from the Internet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While trying to figure out my suspension issues, came across this from twistedcricket:

Your suspension is like your wife....only you should know exactly how it works and how it responds best to your riding style.

Ural's sidecar comes with an oar and a manual, just in case you should need the sidecar as a boat.

1. Detach side car from motorcycle before paddling.

2. "Abandon all hope, it will help you focus"

From PPCLI-Jim on ADV Rider.....

I'm not saying to kill all the stupid people . .. Just remove the warning labels and let nature run it's course
From TeamGrizzly on ADV Rider....

6 Bikes, 1 Garage. Holy crap, I`ve turned into motorcycling`s equivalent to the crazy ol`cat lady.

Last edited by a moderator:
^-- This guy. 3 bikes NO garage!

From TeamGrizzly on ADV Rider....

6 Bikes, 1 Garage. Holy crap, I`ve turned into motorcycling`s equivalent to the crazy ol`cat lady.
So our takeaway from this is you are crazier than the crazy ol' cat lady???? I'm thinking you won't find many around here that would argue against that.

I'm waiting on some parts so I'm back reading ADV Rider to kill some time and came across this from danham....

Never let your motorcycle take you where your brain hasn't been five seconds earlier.
and this one from Texcollect.....

If you love your bike, set it free. If it comes back to you, you just highsided.

I've always liked this one.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

And another Hunter S. Thompson quote:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

I've always liked this one.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Hunter S. Thompson
You should know!
I do know!

That's why I picked that one.
rolleyes.gif

Another one from ADV Rider, this time from Emmbeedee......

"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.

Being an avid Rush and Peart fan, he's touched on a subject often that Pirsig also touched on about the point of a journey. I actually designed a Tshirt with this quote on it and where it while touring:

"Arrival is not the point of the journey"

It is similar to Hunter S. Thompsons quote, because a picture of a gravestone would be fitting under that quote.

Although,now that I am getting into LD rallying, I am having a hard time reconciling that quote in my mind. Arrival is indeed the point of the journey, sometimes.

"I can resist anything.......except temptation." - Oscar Wilde "When the going gets tough, the weird turns pro." -Hunter S Thompson

Whether it's planning a long vacation, doing routine maintenance, or just heading out for a couple hours... this covers it for me:

"When it's over, I want to say: all my life

I was a bride married to amazement.

I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it's over, I don't want to wonder

if I have made of my life something particular, and real.

I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened,

or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world."

~ Mary Oliver