Finally got my 2015 FJR1300ES in Liquid Graphite

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cannot understand why you are so excited over purchasing such an ugly motorcycle.
rolleyes.gif
For once, I couldn't agree with you more!

For the OP - Congrats on the new ride.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Abercrombie FJR" data-cid="1254337" data-time="1440484160"><p>"I'm calling it my tugboat, both in terms of sound and the power it produces."<br />

<br />

I don't know what kind of tug boats you have in Canada but that's the last name I would give it. Maybe its the Tugboat gray color they used on the 2015s? Surprised you find it less top heavy than the Tenere but good luck with the new ride.</p></blockquote>

My Super Tenere was quite kitted, and being short made a difference too. Here she was near Alaska

Those boxes look bomb proof. I wish I would have purchased Jessies boxes instead of OEM but I got $1500.00 in Yamaha accessories and I had every thing else I needed from my old Tenere with the exception of a set of boxes.

It is my humble and uninformed opinion that bombproof cases are, in fact, crash protection for the bike.

Nice!! Hope you kept the Tenere too...different bikes for different missions. A buddy and I made a BC & Hyder loop last month and had a great ride!
Unfortunately I sold the Super Tenere to get the FJ-09. Then sold the FJ-09 to get the FJR. I miss the Super Tenere. If I could do it again, I would have sold my KLR and kept the Super Tenere.

Now my KLR engine decided to blow up(piston) so I sold it for parts. The money from that will fund a new dual sport/adventure bike next year. I'm still crossing my fingers that Yamaha will bring out a middleweight Adventure bike.

My buddy and I did the Vancouver Island to Hyder Alaska trip in 2013. I saw your ride report. It looked epic.

If you google "Go west come hell or high water" it will show up on Advrider.

Cheers

Rod

My Givi mounting plate arrived today. Now I can mount the Givi Maxia 4 V56 top box. The Vstream Sport Touring light gray tint shield also came in. I got to take it out for a short highway ride. Feels like it will be pretty awesome. Very quiet and buffet free.

E4CC85C8-1F61-464D-B71E-0E31B7C87139_zpsbq8xfabw.jpg

BD17D5A4-32A1-4FF7-9F47-3221394CCABE_zpsgzfhmo2w.jpg

Also got my GPS and smartphone mounts installed:

F48C71C6-4A08-4B0F-97F6-AE30DF7895B5_zpsdby39tbb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kudos! I am more amazed with this bike the more I'm on it. I had a 2010 camhead BMW R1200RT and the engine on the FJR is smoother, and more refined with boatloads more power. I also like how I can run in 1st gear with no throttle applied and just idle around and the bike is perfectly happy doing this and it is easy to maneuver. I also don't miss having a 6th gear. The ratios seem perfect.
I am jealous. Looks great!

Congrats on the new ride; I bought mine in June and was equally impressed with the engine (and everything else). I have fond memories of fun and friends in Wetaskiwin (especially friends at Ma Me O Beach). I'm also an ex Beemer guy...I'm loving the FJR so far.

The Vstream Sport Touring light gray tint shield also came in. I got to take it out for a short highway ride. Feels like it will be pretty awesome. Very quiet and buffet free.
Great choice, got the same shield for my '15 as well. Plenty of air down, good coverage up and pillion is happy with the clean air pocket in all positions.

Enjoy!

--G

Nice ride. I have over 7K on my new 2012 now and I love it more every time I ride it. (The PR4's I put on when the stock front wore out upped the love quotient quite a bit)

Congratulations! I got mine this spring and am absolutely in love. Unfortunately, just after break in (2200 miles) I crashed my ATV and tore up my shoulder. Bike has been sitting since June... But I am hoping for a full release in October and looking forward to a couple of fall trips.

Have fun and Enjoy!

WHS

Since it's winter here, got another piece to put on.

I've been thinking about a radiator screen too. Read some posts where some guys were making these from metal screen trash cans from Office Depot.

Anyway, to the OP, congrats on the new bike. I really like my 15ES, it's now my favorite bike. I've added a lot of accessories so far, including a new Seth Lamm seat, and I love the bike more and more. Ride safe!

Mornin'all.

Just read everyone's postings. My new to me 2015 ES arrives Wednesday of next week from a SoCal dealer. Can't wait, (But must) to get her under me. My 05 was fun but hot and I need cruise for tendon issues in my left arm. I'm new here and looking forward to forging friendships. Keep the rubber side down.

Horsefly

That is a fine looking bike you have there! I have an FZ1 already and my son called mine "The old man's bike" until we rode a few times and changed bikes back and forth. Congrats on your beautiful FJR!

You're hooked now! Best wishes. Sorry about the KLR.

Edit: sorry, should have noted thread date. Still, a nice ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
great colour here's too many years of riding mine has 100,000 km. and has been a great ride. honestly I think the only thing that could wreck it is an accident They are bullittproof
smile.png

Dang! I hadn't seen a 15 in person yet, but your photos make me realize how nice that color is! Wow!!!!!!

Latest posts