First ride, finally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrman

Reaction score
Finally got out for my first ride of the season today! It was so nice to be back in the saddle. Too bad it was 29, and I was only going about 20 miles to the dealership for maintanence and my TPS recall. It's supposed to be in the 50's the rest of the week, I can't wait to get her back! Just thought I'd share. :yahoo:

Finally got out for my first ride of the season today! It was so nice to be back in the saddle. Too bad it was 29, and I was only going about 20 miles to the dealership for maintanence and my TPS recall. It's supposed to be in the 50's the rest of the week, I can't wait to get her back! Just thought I'd share. :yahoo:
I'm jealous. :angry: I'm at the East end of Ontario and still can't get out of the drive. I know the day is coming, just not soon enough! :yahoo:

-GSE-

Don't worry Greg, your day will come too! Just imagine how much sweeter it will be after all that anticipation.

We had a freak 70 day last week here in Ohio, so I rode the 30 miles to work. What a blast. Can't wait for spring.

Don

From the look of the weather report, the whole northeast is in for some nice weather. It's supposed to be 60 here on Sunday and Monday. I hope I get my bike back in time.

Looks like some of the Bears are starting to roll out of their caves!! I remember what that first ride felt like when I lived in the artic north. (Chicago)

-jwilly

Don't worry Greg, your day will come too! Just imagine how much sweeter it will be after all that anticipation.
I know how hard it is...I haven't rode my bike since I sent my seat off to Russle Daylong all of a week and a half ago. Its been really hard looking at my 05 blue bombshell sitting there. But the new ass cushion is back tomorrow and I will ride it hard on Friday. It must be awful not living in CA :yahoo:

I'm a wimp. Since the last two snows, I've waited for all of the salt & sand crap to get washed off the roads before I go for a long ride. May not be able to hold out much longer though.

I'm a wimp. Since the last two snows, I've waited for all of the salt & sand crap to get washed off the roads before I go for a long ride. May not be able to hold out much longer though.

I used to do that when I had a cruiser. Too much chrome to polish after, and the salt would ruin the chrome. Not a worry with the FJR though. We got lucky, we had a warmup last week, then it rained for a full day, and the salt is mostly gone now.

Had my first ride to work today! Yesterday we had some nice heavy rains and thunderstorms to wash off the roads. More rain in the forcast though... might be a few days for the next ride :angry2:

Last week on 3/14 it was suposed to go up to 70... so I actually took the day off & rode 175 miles.

What a blast, the temp guage read 82 degrees inland & 52 degrees at the shore.. I didnt want to stop

riding...then 2 days later it snows ????..........

Dam you northern boys kill me,it gets up to 29 degrees and ya'll are happy as hell and ready to ride.

I guess cabin fever is rampant up there.I feel for youse guys and wish you an early spring.

Me and the wifey did a nice 200 mile loop through the north Ga. mountains in sweltering 60-70 degree heat.

DELETED...I replied to the wrong post...senility sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam you northern boys kill me,it gets up to 29 degrees and ya'll are happy as hell and ready to ride.I guess cabin fever is rampant up there.I feel for youse guys and wish you an early spring.

Me and the wifey did a nice 200 mile loop through the north Ga. mountains in sweltering 60-70 degree heat.
As long as it's not snowing. That's why I have 3 sets of gear. BTW, if anybody is looking for a great cold weather jacket, Tenknik's Chicane jacket is awesome. 60-70 is June weather for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
DELETED...I replied to the wrong post...senility sucks!
  • I got out today for my first ride on my old CB 750 that is being sold to a friend.
  • Had to fire it up and replace the windscreen.
  • My 13 year old had to ride it before I sold it. Then the 18 yr old wanted to run it out.
  • He's already asking me if he can ride the FJR....NOand NO...
  • I bought my first FJR last week and brought it home 2 days ago and can't wait to hear and feel the power of the thing.
Question for you fellas about non ABS FJRs. I bought this thing right but it doesn't have the ABS...So I quess I have to ride it like all the normal bikes?
c'stone... Southern Ontario.

Question for you fellas about non ABS FJRs. I bought this thing right but it doesn't have the ABS...So I quess I have to ride it like all the normal bikes?

c'stone... Southern Ontario.
You might want to be a little easier on the throttle than the CB. Congrats on the new bike, you're gonna love it.