• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Firstgear Men's Black Leather "Baron" Adventure Jacket XL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadof5arrows

Reaction score
When I was in college back in the 80s, I fell in love with a leather, adventure-style motorcycle jacket—the Hein Gericke Paris Dakar. But back then, I couldn’t afford it! The years went by, and when I got my Yamaha FJR 1300, I began looking for the Dakar. Alas, it was no more, but I found this jacket about 9 years ago—the Firstgear Baron. I wore this jacket every winter while riding, and it is, without question, the finest, most comfortable jacket I've ever worn. The 3/4 length is perfect for riding in cool weather. With the liner (and integrated velcro neck warmer) in, I’ve ridden down into the 30s comfortably. I’m sure it would provide superior protection in an accident; as you can see in the pictures, it has never touched asphalt!

I said I would never sell this jacket, but I sold my bike a few years ago, so it has been hanging in the closet. I have my eye on a nice flight jacket, so I’m reluctantly letting this one go. These are similar to the old Roadgear Oregon Trail or a leather Kilimanjaro; soft supple leather, zinc-tanned to make it rain resistant (according to Firstgear), with a fantastic removable liner, complete with optional integrated neck warmer. With liner removed and vents open, it is comfortable in temps up into the lower 80s, making it very versatile. It has soft armor, built into the shoulder & elbows, removable in the back (I've never removed it). The red Firstgear coat hanger is included.

The size is XL, which I would say runs slightly small. I am 6’1” and 170 lbs, and it is really too big for me.

I'm offering the jacket at $250. I believe retail on it was $450, and they are pretty rare. If you're local to the DFW area, we can meet & you can pick it up; otherwise, I will ship it to you for an additional $20 (it is heavy—weighs 8 pounds!)

See pics here: https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mpo/5826854528.html

Anyway, email me if you're [email protected]