FJR 1300 Rear Trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bro Bob

Reaction score
I'm looking into a used Rear Trunk for a 2024 FJR 1300. Does anyone know if it will fit a 2024? Are they the same throughout the years? Is there a certain mounting plate that is needed? Thanks!

Just a bit vague... You're asking if a trunk for a 2024 will fit a 2024, and my first guess would be... YES! :cool:

As for the rest of it, what's needed, depends entirely on the brand of box you're looking at. Givi has their own plate, Yamaha's basic box fits right onto the stock rack, their bigger box requires the upgraded aluminum rack, Shad has their own adapter plate as well, I think.

Just a bit vague... You're asking if a trunk for a 2024 will fit a 2024, and my first guess would be... YES! :cool:

As for the rest of it, what's needed, depends entirely on the brand of box you're looking at. Givi has their own plate, Yamaha's basic box fits right onto the stock rack, their bigger box requires the upgraded aluminum rack, Shad has their own adapter plate as well, I think.
Thanks! The used Trunk is from an older Model and its a Yamaha OEM Trunk (They don't specify the year?)

I have a FJR 2024 with a GIVI trunk. I had bought Yamaha rack but my Givi top box would not work with it . I ended up buying a GIvi rack since Yamaha top box are so expensive in canada. hope this help

I looked at the Yamaha box but decided on the large adjustable SHAD instead because of flexibility and price and availability. Can expand to 3 different volumes which is great. It also takes a special base plate and I’m pretty sure the Yamaha does also.

I've had a good experience with the Amazon $99 item "MMG Motorcycle Touring Xlarge Top Box" if you're looking for something cheap. It's not burglar-proof, but what is?

It comes with it's own platform. You mount that to the existing platform with two pieces of wide flat bar. Can be a fun little engineering project if you like that sort of thing.

Thanks! The used Trunk is from an older Model and its a Yamaha OEM Trunk (They don't specify the year?)
Bro
If the top case you are considering is the smaller one, (39lt 2011 & up) it fits.
If its the larger one (55lt) then you need to change out the rear rack, and it seems that part is hard to come by, per postings on this forum.
Make sure you get the lock, and key. If not, you will need to purchase a lock from Yamaha, not sure if they come in singles or sets.
There are some postings here on how to get an odd top case lock to work with your existing keys. More than one solution. Search is your friend.

Good luck with choices.
-Steve

Bro
If the top case you are considering is the smaller one, (39lt 2011 & up) it fits.
If its the larger one (55lt) then you need to change out the rear rack, and it seems that part is hard to come by, per postings on this forum.
Make sure you get the lock, and key. If not, you will need to purchase a lock from Yamaha, not sure if they come in singles or sets.
There are some postings here on how to get an odd top case lock to work with your existing keys. More than one solution. Search is your friend.

Good luck with choices.
-Steve
The Part# on The Trunk is: 4 0676 29 00 90 ? I don't know if that's a 39lt or a 55lt?

I have a Givi 46 top case and mount that fit on my 2014. Sold the bike. If you are interested in both let me know. DM me at 678-201-5453 We can discuss price and shipping. Believe it will fit your bike but you should verify .

This is the smaller 39lt top case.
Looks like lock and key are present, as is the passenger backrest (separate purchase/part). Will fit stock rack. No rack upgrade needed.
Check the “foot”. (Below the lock/latch area, where the case bottom fits into the rack) and around the hinges for cracks, and obviously that the locking and latching mechanisms both work correctly.
-Steve

If you can find one I would still recommend getting the upgraded rack, even for the smaller case. It stiffens and strengthens the subframe to support the extra load hanging off the rear. Nobody wants a broken subframe

This is the smaller 39lt top case.
Looks like lock and key are present, as is the passenger backrest (separate purchase/part). Will fit stock rack. No rack upgrade needed.
Check the “foot”. (Below the lock/latch area, where the case bottom fits into the rack) and around the hinges for cracks, and obviously that the locking and latching mechanisms both work correctly.
-Steve
Thanks Steve, this looks like a pretty big trunk, not sure if the picture shows the true size, unless the 50lt is really big?