FJR AE OWNERS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canucklehead-biker, 2006AE, #00062, original owner (bought in crate in Jan 08), 48,878 km (that's 30,371 and a bit miles for the metrically challenged).

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got some time so I am going to do an excel sheet with the owners forum name, year of bike, 4digit VIN, current mileage and space for comments on ownership rating with a 5 being highest and one lowest and favorite feature of the bike and the worst feature.

any comments on this approach to data capture??

Why put the 05 off the " lotto "...
Lemme guess.....

You have the rarest of rare FJRs....a 2005, Gen I AE, right?

Man, don't EVER let that thing outta yer hands. It' worth a fortune ('til you get a Shift__26 error, then it's a POS albatross)
I dropped my 07 off yesterday because of the Shift___26.
Be SURE to report back, either here or in "Technical/Mechanical Problems" what the dealer finds out, if you would.

This type of info is invaluable to the Forum.

Why put the 05 off the " lotto "...
Lemme guess.....

You have the rarest of rare FJRs....a 2005, Gen I AE, right?

Man, don't EVER let that thing outta yer hands. It' worth a fortune ('til you get a Shift__26 error, then it's a POS albatross)
I dropped my 07 off yesterday because of the Shift___26.
What was your idle set at? 1000 like what some dealers like to set it at or thereabouts? The AE likes a little higher throttle then that. HappyPuppy mentioned a few months back that he did a test where he set his idle to 1k and he promptly got a shift_26. He then changed back to higher idle and it went away. My own bike was set to 1050, and in the last couple of months I encountered a couple of shift_26 myself. I just changed the idle to 1100 a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't had one since.

Please let the dealer know that it could just be related to your set idle speed.

Since I've committed to keep it, I'll add mine to the list too.

I've got an 06 AE with 10113 miles on the clock as of this morning. The VIN ends in 0200. I'm the original owner, and it has the 07 A's black cherry tupperware due to a swap at the dealership before I picked it up as a leftover in 2008. Someone bought an 07, but wanted the AE's silver color, so they did the transplant while both bikes were on the showroom floor.

Edit: Bike was traded at the end of May 2010. Sold to new owner via ebay by dealer at the end of July.

LagerHead

2008 AE, Dark Grey Metallic, 650 miles :D (Hey, gotta start somewhere)

Obviously, original owner

VIN001551

'07 AE VIN 1073. Bought it with 7700m and had 13000 on it and a new set of tires before i got er home.

Bought in Ct and rode er down the BRP, Dragon, to Nashville with the Wife. Put her on a plane back home then rode back to Seattle by myself. 5k in 11 days. Burned through a new pair of Z6 in 4700m.