Fjr Centerstand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHowie

I Miss Beemerdons!
Reaction score
My 04v3 is officially 5 years mine this week(to the day Sat the 25th) and after all this time, the side stand has yet to fail on me. The Feej continues to defy gravity when parked.

Sorry to be in the minority. :rofl:

Centerstand or sidestand you twit?
PWI a little? Read it again, ya dork! :finger:

"Hey Honey.....caught one on the first cast!"
Uhhhh......... read your thread 'Title' you twit.
Uhm...I'm either very confused or as dense as Scooter. The title says:

Fjr Centerstand
Er....your first post:

My 04v3 is officially 5 years mine this week(to the day Sat the 25th) and after all this time, the side stand has yet to fail on me.
Sooooo....care to 'splain? It must be my age because I just don't get it..... :dntknw:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the OP is referring to people that insist on parking the bike on the centerstand at all times out of fear it will fall over if left on the side-stand.

Since this post has a bunch of 'dumb' all over it, let me add, unless you have an '03 (with a factory original weak stand), shut-up; if the bike falls, it's your fault. :p

p.s. Yes, mine has fallen, and yes, it was my fault. :lol:

Since this post has a bunch of 'dumb' all over it, let me add, unless you have an '03 (with a factory original weak stand), shut-up; if the bike falls, it's your fault.
C&C, you are one of the legitimate posters in this Friday troll thread. The '03 model year did indeed have an inadequate center stand leading to breakage and subsequent tip-overs. The center stand was redesigned with reinforcements for years '04 and up.

'03 P/N: 5JW-27111-00-00 -- '04 and up P/N: 5JW-27111-03-00

I'm eying the little red and green buttons in the lower right corner of RH's opening troll. Hovering my pointer over the little red - button (Asking self, are you prepared for the consequences to all MY posts forever after?)

Yeah, I thought so (maybe). I tried to hedge my bets with the 'smilies'. Sometimes it hard to win around hear (serious/comedians) sometimes hard to know. :blink:

Since this post has a bunch of 'dumb' all over it, let me add, unless you have an '03 (with a factory original weak stand), shut-up; if the bike falls, it's your fault.
C&C, you are one of the legitimate posters in this Friday troll thread. The '03 model year did indeed have an inadequate center stand leading to breakage and subsequent tip-overs. The center stand was redesigned with reinforcements for years '04 and up.

I'm eying the little red and green buttons in the lower right corner of RH's opening troll. Hovering my pointer over the little red - button (Asking self, are you prepared for the consequences to all MY posts forever after?)
OK, I've owned my '03 since 6/05. Always park in garage and occasionally out with C/stand, never a problem! What's the dif in yrs?

Yes Howie, however, you forgot to mention two things. First, your FJR has wheels like these attached and second, the secret only Darksiders know about, that car tire is wide enough to hold the bike up.

training_wheels_motorcycle.jpg

OK, I've owned my '03 since 6/05. Always park in garage and occasionally out with C/stand, never a problem! What's the dif in yrs?
There have been failures of center stands on '03 models (Remember, they were sold earlier in Europe so '03 North America = '02 World). IIRC, Yamaha added bracing to the '04 North America ('03 world)because some were breaking at the welds.

It might behoove you to inspect yours if you use it often.

Yes Howie, however, you forgot to mention two things. First, your FJR has wheels like these attached and second, the secret only Darksiders know about, that car tire is wide enough to hold the bike up.

training_wheels_motorcycle.jpg
Howie, that car tire is wide enough to also hold your big, fat, old ass up!! jes' sayin'