FJR Cover made by Dowco/Guardian?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think $300 is really a small price for a bike cover. For not a heck of a lot more, you could get one of these. I've had one in my driveway for about 4 years and I love it--sooo easy. It's a steel frame with a rubberized canvas cover that attaches easily with velcro. A better deal may be available at the Progressive International MC Show, too, if you have one come near you; that's where I got mine. And by the way, after this long the fabric has started to break down in a few spots. A couple of seams only now, but it won't last forever. The manufacturer will send a completely new cover for--I believe--$125, maybe $150, and it would be as good as brand-new again. In the pic, she's standing by the smaller one (unless she's about 6'5"). You want the bigger size for an FJR with bags, top case, tall windscreen. Plenty of room.

closed-cover.jpg
semi-opened-cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shawn, I searched amazon for "cover for Yamaha FJR motorcycle" and the Yamaha "Brand" cover made specifically for the FJR was displayed on page one for about $140 US dollars. Looks good and it's made specifically for the "Feej", there you go.
ok.gif
Thanks for the tip on this. It arrived and is now on the bike.

B1y3FjIIgAA7SR8.jpg

...i gotta throw in a good word, same as Bluesman....Dowco Guardian, paid once, on my second, outside his whole life, 10yrs....that FJR cover looks sharp Shawn !

...i gotta throw in a good word, same as Bluesman....Dowco Guardian, paid once, on my second, outside his whole life, 10yrs....that FJR cover looks sharp Shawn !
Thanks! I couldn't find a Dowco Guardian cover that I *knew* would fit the bike - their web site is *horrendous* - so I went with steveoreno's recommendation.

FWIW, Big lots sells general purpose bike covers . . . $15-$20. The Large fits my 2013 FJR with aux tank and top box just fine. There's an XL size also, but it was to big. Either one packs down small into a provided bag. If it gets torn, unlikely, throw it away and get another. Mine is about 3 years old and was used on my Honda ST1300s also. No problems yet.

If you buy one, try it and it doesn't suit you, Big Lots will take it back and provide a full refund.

Shuey