FJR Forum Decal design

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cycle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all
We are having a FJRForum decal designed. Below is the design. It is based off a few photos that members have shown on the forum. What do you think? Does it look enough like the FJR?

FJRForum decal 6-29-23.png

How big is this decal? I copied the image and blew it up. It looks like an FJR in a cartoonish kind of way. If it is a cartoon, it would be nice to have the Yamaha tuning fork insignia with enough resolution to identify it on it somewhere like the tank. Also, if it's a cartoon, why not just put "FJR" on the side bag. I also would vote to lose the top box.

I prefer no top box
I am with @two wheels and others on losing the top box. It doesn’t come with an FJR anyway. If we want to add accessories, then we can add aux lights, backrests, GPS, etc. Keep it simple, IMHO.

@harper ’s suggestion is good. Perhaps a larger Yamaha logo screened back behind the bike (w/o the top box), and forum name? It would tie the logo elements - the bike image and forum name text - together nicely.

Last edited:
Well,I don't like it very much..I would like to see a Gen1 or a Gen2 with the oem top case or without a top case.This is a Givi top case..Also the side cases are the city version and not the touring version..The picture looks like a cartoon picture..Anyway,again,i don't like it very much but it is only my thought...Some will like it and some other they don't like it...

Not bad. I would lose the top box and adding a tuning fork might help. I did a SMALL bit of manipulation and found reducing contrast and increasing brightness helped a bit with detail

1688523982450.png

Edit to add: Not something that I am interested in owning. I have never been big on stickers or decals.

Last edited:
The image is ok

Minor critiques

1. It looks a little
Cartoony / casual
2. The panniers look like FJ or Tracer not FJR
3.Foot pegs are missing
Color is boring
4. Trunk does not add much and looks bulky

Depending on the purpose the image does strongly resemble an FJR. I think it looks good and few people will notice the nit picky stuff. The font fits well with the image.

If the intent is for bulk purchase of stickers or something it could be good fit and compromise of accuracy and price consciousness.

If the intent is long term image for forum maybe some refinement could be beneficial. But everything can be subjective to personal opinions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.