• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR speedometer watch on ebay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baahhhhh Its stuck in Touring Mode !!! That just won't due....
I agree. It just won't dew.

Who knew? For someone who needs to make a personal FJR statement, it turns out (I apparently have WAY too much time on my hands) there are several different versions of these available. Look here

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xfjr+speedometer+watch.TRS0&_nkw=fjr+speedometer+watch&_sacat=0

and here

https://www.google.com/search?q=fjr+speedometer+watch&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=ssl

Baahhhhh Its stuck in Touring Mode !!! That just won't due....
I agree. It just won't dew.
Will Not DOOOOO at ALL !!!
help.gif

It bet it's fantastic heirloom quality, too.
For the price they're asking--$4.00!--one would hope so.
Costs more to ship it!

While on eBay looking at this item, I saw a Canadian instrument cluster for a 2007 (registered in kilometers) for $139. Tempted to make my bike Canadian (bought it slightly used out of the US) and probably would for that price if it was possible to change the odometer to 222,000 km from the 41,000 on the one that is for sale. I assume there is no easy way to change the odo reading?

It bet it's fantastic heirloom quality, too.
For the price they're asking--$4.00!--one would hope so.
Post that question in the general forum. I'm clueless. But it occurs to me that altering the mileage, even with the most honest of intentions, might be illegal.

Costs more to ship it!

While on eBay looking at this item, I saw a Canadian instrument cluster for a 2007 (registered in kilometers) for $139. Tempted to make my bike Canadian (bought it slightly used out of the US) and probably would for that price if it was possible to change the odometer to 222,000 km from the 41,000 on the one that is for sale. I assume there is no easy way to change the odo reading?

It would be illegal to change the odometer for the purposes of mis-representing your bike to a potential purchaser. If an instrument gauge is broken, it can certainly be replaced. When there was an issue with the early GenII instrument clusters, Yamaha replaced them. I think the only thing they did was put a sticker inside the glove box that gave the mileage when the new gauges were installed.

I was only thinking about it in order to get the right units for distance, fuel consumption and ambient temperature. As I said, if the odometer could be set to accurately reflect the current mileage on the bike, I would do it.

It would be illegal to change the odometer for the purposes of mis-representing your bike to a potential purchaser. If an instrument gauge is broken, it can certainly be replaced. When there was an issue with the early GenII instrument clusters, Yamaha replaced them. I think the only thing they did was put a sticker inside the glove box that gave the mileage when the new gauges were installed.
I was only thinking about it in order to get the right units for distance, fuel consumption and ambient temperature. As I said, if the odometer could be set to accurately reflect the current mileage on the bike, I would do it.
Yes, you're right, of course, and it never occurred to me that you would be doing something shady. I was just thinking out loud. As I said, I'm clueless.

I'd swear someone else changed their cluster and the mileage went with it. Is mileage stored in the cluster? I'd think ECU or something. If an owner wrecks a bike and needs a new cluster, mileage gets zeroed?

I was one of those guys. Sticker inside glovebox lid. Then Bambi took out the glovebox. Now no one knows. Don't tell, 'k?
punk.gif

Mileage is in the cluster, not the ECU. Like many, I had my ECU changed (altitude fix). Mileage registered on the odometer didn't change.