FJR standings, 4 Apr 11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dam Tour has been a fun way to get out earlier and ride more....even if it was rainy and miserable the last two dams.

That Roger rocketed to the top and is only missing one dam....one near Tahoe that I'm pretty sure is still snowed in. Still waiting for Spring riding weather. ;)

All you PNW or West Coasters.....it's a fun adventure you're guaranteed to see roads you've never traveled.

The Dam Tour has been a fun way to get out earlier and ride more....even if it was rainy and miserable the last two dams.

That Roger rocketed to the top and is only missing one dam....one near Tahoe that I'm pretty sure is still snowed in. Still waiting for Spring riding weather. ;)

All you PNW or West Coasters.....it's a fun adventure you're guaranteed to see roads you've never traveled.

If you would have checked with me I would have told you not to do hwy 31. It's a good road but this time of year you either go all the way to Lakeview or don't go at all. There is another way back to 97 without backtracking but you need to know where it is. :)

If you would have checked with me I would have told you not to do hwy 31. It's a good road but this time of year you either go all the way to Lakeview or don't go at all.
Somewhere about Paisley this EXACT realization hit me.....I shoulda called Ray. Doh! It's amazing the abyss that is no cell phone coverage down most of 31.

Part of me thinks this is the kind of lesson I needed to learn the hard way though...to truly internalize it. Something about snow banks impeding your forward progress that has a lasting impression. ;)

For those watching from the comfort of their own home...Ray's talking about my second Dam Tour ride. I found lots of roads I'd never traveled on that ride...including some I still didn't get to. ;)

gerberbadways.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you would have checked with me I would have told you not to do hwy 31. It's a good road but this time of year you either go all the way to Lakeview or don't go at all.
Somewhere about Paisley this EXACT realization hit me.....I shoulda called Ray. Doh! It's amazing the abyss that is no cell phone coverage down most of 31.

Part of me thinks this is the kind of lesson I needed to learn the hard way though...to truly internalize it. Something about snow banks impeding your forward progress that has a lasting impression. ;)

For those watching from the comfort of their own home...Ray's talking about my second Dam Tour ride. I found lots of roads I'd never traveled on that ride...including some I still didn't get to. ;)

gerberbadways.jpg

Just read your second dam tour report. I enjoyed it immensely.

And the name of the dam near Tahoe??? Hellhole, by any chance?

Just answered my own question from the list of bonus dams: yep. When you said it was still snowed in, that was the one that came to mind. I like how the description refers to it as being 13 miles from Tahoe City. I hope no one is trying to access it from Tahoe City or the west shore of Lake Tahoe (89), though! :lol: That ain't how to get there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope no one is trying to access it from Tahoe City or the west shore of Lake Tahoe (89), though! :lol: That ain't how to get there.
We should talk...I so wanna scoop that damn dam.

I've even flirted with the idea of renting a snowmobile with a trailer for "the picture". ;)

I hope no one is trying to access it from Tahoe City or the west shore of Lake Tahoe (89), though! :lol: That ain't how to get there.
We should talk...I so wanna scoop that damn dam.

I've even flirted with the idea of renting a snowmobile with a trailer for "the picture". ;)
Snowmobile and trailer with the bike on the trailer? I think that's about what it would take.

Or a sling load... Heeeyyy, that's an idea!

1250183678_m87Gb-Th.jpg