• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR Tank Bag Wanted

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
OK...

I'm looking for another Euro Yamaha tank bag... This one:

FJRTankbag.jpg

I had bought one used on the forum and it's served me well... The zippers are gone though and I need to replace it. I'm led to believe it's no longer available and I haven't found an alternative I like as well.

OK...
I'm looking for another Euro Yamaha tank bag... This one:

FJRTankbag.jpg

I had bought one used on the forum and it's served me well... The zippers are gone though and I need to replace it. I'm led to believe it's no longer available and I haven't found an alternative I like as well.
I have one look almost new with cover, $$$?

EXCELLENT! :yahoo: I was led to believe they were discontinued... Will order one up and report back... $99 is a deal IMHO
Interesting. This is not the same one that was available from FJRGoodies. Looks a bit bigger, and is cheaper than the $170 that the original one cost.

Be sure and post some good detailed pics and let us know what you think of it when you get it.

I hate to say it, but I agree with Skooter. Please keep us updated. I'm in the market for a new tankbag, and this one looks fairly decent. Bigger than I want, but not to shabby. When you get it can you do me a huge favor and measure the size of the map pocket? I would much appreciate it!

Just ordered it... Says to expect 1-2 weeks for delivery... Hrm...

Order Details

Code Quantity Description Unit Price Subtotal

YMD200109500 1 Touring Tank Bag 99.95 99.95

SHP 1 Shipping cost 19.00 19.00

Canadian Dollar Total 118.95

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and given the current exchange rate this could be a really good deal..

03/19/09 02:38 PM $93.31

PRE-AUTHORIZATION DEBIT AT YAMAHAGENUINEPARTS.COM, HAMILTON, CA ON 031909 FROM CARD#: XXXXXXXXXXXX1699

Somehow I suspect I may never see this bag.

But now that it's ordered I'll take the appropriate pics if/when it arrives.

-MD

Uh Oh,

Just got the following email:

Good Afternoon Matt
Regarding you order you placed with us, unfortunately this part is no longer available and has been discontinued.

We have issuing a refund to your credit card and you will receive a confirmation.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and wish to thank you for using YamahaGeniuneParts.com.

Regards Speedy,

YamahaGenuineParts.com Blog
I had a feeling....

feck...sorry about that.

Glad I still have my dirty, beatup, crashed up Yamaha bag. It's great for people like me who overpack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit... Read the top of this thread, ordered the bag, then read the bottom of this thread. Expecting to get the same response.

Loved that price, and the pictures of the thing are sharp.

They probably want to get it off the web site. Though I wonder if they're simply not selling it to us Yanks?