FJR Tech Day III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I narrowly escaped the clutches of all those at the funfest and made my way home. After a couple of stops, got here at 11:30ish.... relaxing with a nice cool drink and a cigar on the back porch.... ahhhh, moonlight, stars, and peace at last.

Is someone going to create a "sticky" that says:

"I survived Bust's Tech Day III"? :eek:

Or...."Beer, Bikes and Bustanut"? :bleh:

Jist tryin' tuh hep. :lol:

Made it to my stop over point in West Virginia. I want to thank everyone for such a wonderful time, especially Sheila and Barry. You two are wonderful hosts. I only hope I have the chance to play host to the two of you some time in the future. I was hoping to say bye to you this morning, but wanted to try to get out in front of the rain.

Had a great weekend with new and old friends! :yahoo: Thank you to everyone who helped make Tech Day III another successful event. (Except for Andy's bike which I think Dolly jinxed.)

Looking forward to the next one. Maybe we should have a "just because weekend". :thumbsup:

Made it to my stop over point in West Virginia. I want to thank everyone for such a wonderful time, especially Sheila and Barry. You two are wonderful hosts. I only hope I have the chance to play host to the two of you some time in the future. I was hoping to say bye to you this morning, but wanted to try to get out in front of the rain.
You are very welcome. Hope your ride home is better than the ride to get here. We missed the hug/handshake this morning but completely understand. Thanks for everything. Hope to see you at the next one. :)

Got home at around 8:15. I'm beat, and I don't think it has much to do with the ride home ;) . What a great weekend. Learning a few things about the inner workings of the FJR was nice. Best part was the great people I met. Thanks a ton for your hospitality Sheila n Barry. It was more than worth it to ride the bike a few miles to meet ya'll. Really enjoyed watching Ray at work, the man knows his stuff.

BTW...the ride through UP was sooo much nicer than Chicago.

Thanks again everyone....look forward to the next time we meet.

Made it home safe and sound @ 4:32. I must say for an interstate, 64 is very pretty in West Virginina. Got into some fun twisties in VA on 60 leading up to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Bill,

Are you still sick from Kentucky?
I was just losing the cold from Kentucky and went out to drop of some equipment at my club's enduro the Sunday before the Tech day. I wasn't planning on working or riding the event but the club was way short on checkpoint workers. I helped out and stood around in the forest in the cold and the rain all day. While the boys were playing with Andy's fork I was pretty much tethered to the toilet at home. Today was the first day I made it out of the house to Tim Horton's so things are getting better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad everyone made it home safe. We enjoyed having everyone here. And Bill, I'm happy to hear things are lookin up with you. :)